"City of Caves" Samch'ok by DSwede
Samch'ok Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 5 photos
Samchok, located on the north eastern coast is a popular town/city to start from in order to visit the majestic mountains in this area and the many large limestone caves.
The town itself is nothing special, but comfortable enough.
Korea is also fairly well known for their themed architecture. Unfortunately, the themes rarely fit the contents of the building or the region that they are in.
The "Batman" and "Birthday Cake" building are the geology and cave museums.
For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:Its just far enough away that you won't have to compete with (foreign) tourists.
- Cons:Most things of interest require private transportation or tour groups.
- In a nutshell:Odd building designs and caves abound in this quiet mountain town.
So the old myth goes that a fair maiden who was sexually unsatisfied by her fisherman boyfriend decided to swim out to... more travel advice
The north east mountains of Korea are some of the most beautiful on the peninsula. The geology in this area also make it... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Samch'ok Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Samch'ok
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (107)
Have you been to Samch'ok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Samch'ok
Photos in Samch'okSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Niterói Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue