"Industrial Center of Korea" Top 5 Page for this destination Ulsan by DSwede
Ulsan Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 46 photos
There's not much to say about Ulsan. Its a busy port and has lots of large industry. Along with those businesses, there is a regular stream of foreigners coming for work. And a handful of ex-pats live locally teaching English to school children and corporations.
Ulsan is the industrial capital of Korea. It is home of the largest manufacturing industries on the peninsula. Even though it is approximately the 10th largest city in Korea, it has the highest density of engineers, managers and business men. What that translates to is the second highest cost of living and average income in Korea, coming second to Seoul.
There is also a large university campus which is home to a large young population. All in all, Ulsan is just under 2 million people, so as you can imagine, there is plenty of chaos in the streets.
On the west side of the city, near the University is Munsu Stadium, one of the fields used when Japan & Korea hosted the World Cup in 2002.
There are a few historic locations nearby that are worthy of a visit, like Kyongju, Girimsa, Bulguksa and the east coast. Foreigners might not make the sole journey to go see them from their homelands, but they are famous for Koreans.
For some more general thoughts, please visit my S Korea page.
(for more pictures, feel free to visit my S Korea Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)
- Pros:With the infuence of Hyundai, it has the most parks of any Korean city and 2nd most cultural shows behind Seoul.
- Cons:Not too many sites to see for tourists.
- In a nutshell:An industrial city frequented by business travelers and English teachers.
Busan's Gimhae Airport: there is an express bus to/from downtown Ulsan. Ulsan's stop for Gimhae airport is under the... more travel advice
This is the university area of Ulsan. There will be many students and young professionals out. There are countless... more travel advice
DSwede's Related Pages
Ulsan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Industrial Center of Korea"
- "Ulsan, South Korea"
- "Ulsan, South Korea"
- "Pictures of ULSAN"
- "Another ESL teacher!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ulsan
- Hotels in Ulsan
- Transportation in Ulsan
- Nightlife in Ulsan
- Restaurants in Ulsan
- Shopping in Ulsan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Chester Hotels
- Ang Mo Kio New Town Hotels
- Costa Rica
- Fort Necessity State Park Hotels
- Cocoa Beach Hotels
- Santorini Island
- Ramnagar Hotels
- Punta Cana
- Davao City
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Hotels
- Boracay Island
Badges & Stats in Ulsan
- 12 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (104)
Have you been to Ulsan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ulsan
- Posted in Travel Rio de Janeiro Forum "Re: Lounges in Terminal 1 Galeao..."
- updated a Ulsan Travel Page "Industrial Center of Korea"
- Wrote a Review The Best Indian (& Nepalese) in Ulsan in Ulsan Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Industrial Center of Korea"
- Commented on one of GracesTrips's Ulsan travel pages
Photos in UlsanSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tarragona Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Chicago Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 5 travelogues
- Niterói Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Asunción Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- South Korea Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Korea Intro, 17 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nevada Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salvador Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 15 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Incline Village Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Ulsan hotel reviews
- Lotte Hotel Ulsan
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013