"BUNDANOON … Brigadoon??" Bundanoon by tiabunna
Bundanoon Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 83 photos
Bundanoon is easy to find, it’s about half way between Canberra and Sydney, just east of the Hume Highway, tucked away in the hills of the Southern Highlands. It’s been a favourite weekend escape for Sydneysiders for over a century: particularly in pre-WW2 days, when travel was mainly by train and accommodation in guest houses. It seems that the village subsequently went into something of a decline for some years, but the area now has regained popularity as a day trip destination by road and as a relaxed residential area in a leafy rural setting.
We were simply passing through on our way to Kangaroo Valley, so this page gives only a quick snapshot. What has attracted visitors over the years is not just the pleasant feeling of the town, but the relative coolness of the Highlands and the natural attractions, in particular the nearby National Parks. In recent years the “Highlands” theme has been followed as a basis to hold Australia’s largest annual gathering of Scottish Clans. And many Australians can lay claim to at least one Scottish ancestor!
- In a nutshell:A pleasant little Southern Highlands hideaway
We had not walked far from the Fitzroy Falls when there was an unmistakable sound: a sort of metallic ratcheting,... more travel advice
Bundanoon is almost on the edge of the Morton National Park, though we didn’t visit the area closest to the town . It... more travel advice
tiabunna's Related Pages
Bundanoon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BUNDANOON … Brigadoon??"
- "My Home Bundanoon NSW"
- "Dear old Bundy"
- "Sleepy, out of the world time town"
- "Relax at Solar Springs"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bundanoon
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Bundanoon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bundanoon
Photos in BundanoonSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 222 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra Intro, 60 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 161 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 54 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Macquarie Island Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cowra Intro, 19 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos