"Australia’s GOLD COAST" Top 5 Page for this destination Gold Coast by tiabunna
Gold Coast Travel Guide: 838 reviews and 1,796 photos
Those of you who know the Coast and who have delved through my pages enough to know my preferences, may well be surprised that I’ve done this page. Come to a point, I even have surprised myself! But a recent flying trip there, in more ways than one, allowed more time than was required to attend the family wedding which occasioned the trip.
You will find the Gold Coast about mid-way up the east coast of Australia, more or less at the most easterly point. Actually, the most easterly point is at Cape Byron, some few km south in New South Wales, but let’s not quibble about detail here. Besides, the area southwards from the state border to Cape Byron has recently been developing in much the same way as what I describe here.
The “Coast” runs north of the Queensland/New South Wales border for about 40km, a series of long white sand beaches broken occasionally by rocky headlands and backed by what were little beachside villages which have merged to become suburbs of the City of the Gold Coast, where increasingly they are being overtaken by high-rise apartment developments, theme parks, resorts, canal developments, etc. They may claim to have created 'Surfers Paradise' here, but there is no question that this is land developers' paradise! The City of the Gold Coast is now Australia’s sixth largest and fastest growing city, partly as a result of an influx of retirees from southern states and partly because of mass tourism.
Thankfully, if you look further inland you will see the ranges behind, mostly preserved in National Parks and home to some lovely rainforests. As I have said in my heading though, the Gold Coast has something for everyone. Care to look further in my page to find out a little more? Spoiler warning – highly biassed opinions may sometimes appear from hiding!.
- Pros:Australia’s most popular holiday destination
- Cons:Australia’s most popular holiday destination
- In a nutshell:If you look around, you probably can find a corner to suit you.
The south coast of Queensland is a great place to go surfing. It’s close enough to the tropics to have warm water and,... more travel advice
Strange that VT expects whatever I add here is a "Favourite Thing"! Surfers is a great place for people-watching as I... more travel advice
tiabunna's Related Pages
Gold Coast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BEAUTIFUL SANDY BEACHES, THIS IS THE GOLD COAST!"
- "Gold Coast"
- "Gold Coast - My Home"
- "Australia’s GOLD COAST"
- "Home Town"
- "Hi from Sunny Gold Coast"
- "Anything goes land"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gold Coast
- Hotels in Gold Coast
- Transportation in Gold Coast
- Nightlife in Gold Coast
- Restaurants in Gold Coast
- Shopping in Gold Coast
- Warnings and Dangers in Gold Coast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gold Coast
- 23 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Gold Coast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gold Coast
Photos in Gold CoastSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 222 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra Intro, 60 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 161 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 54 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Macquarie Island Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cowra Intro, 19 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos