"SCENIC KANGAROO VALLEY" Kangaroo Valley by tiabunna

Kangaroo Valley Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 59 photos

We had visited Kangaroo Valley many years ago with our kids in tow. This time we decided to make it our destination for a short overnight trip to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.

Back in earlier times, the main industries in the Valley were dairying (with accompanying butter and cheese factories) and timber logging (particularly the valuable Australian Red Cedar). We were told that, back in the early 1900s, the population was over 8,000: today it is about 800!

Tucked between the Budawang Ranges and the coast on a section of the Shoalhaven River, Kangaroo Valley has quite a spectacular setting – which leads to its present popularity as a tourist destination. Unfortunately our anniversary trip coincided with a major bushfire in the Morton National Park, spreading smoke everywhere. The photos suffered, but I guess it provides the excuse for a return visit some day!

NB: because exchange rates are varying rapidly and substantially, the prices I quote in this page are in $A – I think it best if you do your own conversions! *

• In a nutshell:A pleasant and scenic spot for "getaway" trips
  • Last visit to Kangaroo Valley: Dec 2008
  • Intro Updated Feb 16, 2009

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

The animals have their own valley. Nice

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
      Jun 10, 2013 at 2:43 AM

G'day Bruce, hope all is going well with you. Many thanks for looking in on my little Kangaroo Valley page. Strangely, we saw no roos at all there! :)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Thats one, impressive looking bridge! We have been spoilt at B&B's too, no wonder we put on weight on holidays!

• Elisabcn's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Another interesting virtual visit to your homeland, George, thanks to your comments and beautiful pictures. . . thanks for sharing :-) Ps. I wanna be adopted by Marie!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2009 at 6:52 AM

Who is that handsome bloke in the back seat!? Hmmm you guys were so hot you set the valley on fire! Use the rope swing to cool off? Hey.. I could use one of those posts at end of new driveway.

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM

What interesting tips! Super photos too, thanks!

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2009 at 8:06 AM

George, the $64 question is ... where are the Kangaroos?! Just one pic will do - or did I miss it ? :- (

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Hi George, Belated congratulations on your 40th Anniversary. Never made it to Kangaroo Valley, very pretty. Fires everywhere in the east, been very lucky in the West.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Kangaroo Valley sounds like a little piece of heaven and your photos illustrate this so well. Great tips that manage to convey the essence of this small but special place :))

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Mmmmmmmmm!! Another place to visit! We will take Dad there- but he has a pacemaker!!Will have to research that! B&B sounds perfect.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Another little gem (green this time!) of Australia, so beautifully presented George! This looks very nice and Donaries may be just romantic enough for your anniversary. I like the “rocking horse specialist” business card!

tiabunna

“Do it while you can”

Badges & Stats in Kangaroo Valley

Have you been to Kangaroo Valley?

Latest Activity in Kangaroo Valley