"Mount Tamborine – A cool place to escape" Mount Tamborine by tiabunna

Mount Tamborine Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 231 photos

Hidden in the hills behind the Gold Coast, for over a century Mt Tamborine has provided a popular escape from the heat for Brisbane residents – typically it is 3 to 4 degrees cooler. Here, in what began as a timber logging area, you will find National Parks, streams and waterfalls, and lovely stands of sub-tropical rainforest, with plenty of places for tourists to visit. The entire area is a plateau some 500 metres high, and about four by eight km in extent.

Being a Brisbane boy originally, I have visited many times over the years. Unfortunately my most recent visit was, perforce, somewhat limited, but I hope this page gives some feel for this lovely area. Should you visit the Gold Coast and feel the need for an alternative to the endless skyscrapers, traffic and theme parks, Mt Tamborine could be the ideal answer. If you wish to stay longer, there is no shortage of accommodation choices.

• Pros:Still a lovely area
  • Cons:Becoming busier
  • In a nutshell:A great escape
  • Last visit to Mount Tamborine: Oct 2006
  • Intro Written Oct 22, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

I love Mount Tamborine, and it sounds like you do too!

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 5:56 PM

I like to try interesting food on vacation as well. Love the lush foilage in the pictures & by the looks of all the peole on the sidewalk it must be a pretty populat place.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2008 at 2:50 AM

more lovely landscape pics please! - I do find Aussie macadamias over here from time to time which I of course take great opportunity of - but no such luck with wasabe flavoured yet!

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM

"You can be massaged or married there" They sure provide the masseur but do they provide the bride too? I am the same kind of shopper as you and I love Macademia though I prefer unflavored ones, just naked!

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2008 at 4:28 AM

Another place to buy Wasabi macadamias! A marriage made in heaven. leyle

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2007 at 2:03 AM

Gee George, I thought you might have gone up there for rehab for your drinking problem that I read about in the Palatine pages! I haven't forgotten you by the way, trying to squeeze a trip down there next spring, keep you posted. Cheers and Merry Xmas.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Loved "Granny Macs"! Love your style of writing which is so natural, humorous, and informative.

• sennaya's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2007 at 9:25 PM

The gold coast looks very exotic to us from Russia. We'll watch for more nice photos!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 4:54 AM

Thanks for interesting page George! I can imagine th e beautiful National Parks, streams and waterfalls of Mount Tambourine.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2006 at 4:15 AM

What a great name for a mountain! (I think I'd like to visit the Tweed Ranges, too, if only because of the name.) I'm relieved to learn that there is at least one other non-shopper on VT. Thought I was the only one, LOL.

tiabunna

“Do it while you can”

Badges & Stats in Mount Tamborine

Have you been to Mount Tamborine?

Latest Activity in Mount Tamborine