"Mount Tamborine – A cool place to escape" Mount Tamborine by tiabunna
Mount Tamborine Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 211 photos
Hidden in the hills behind the Gold Coast, for over a century Mt Tamborine has provided a popular escape from the heat for Brisbane residents – typically it is 3 to 4 degrees cooler. Here, in what began as a timber logging area, you will find National Parks, streams and waterfalls, and lovely stands of sub-tropical rainforest, with plenty of places for tourists to visit. The entire area is a plateau some 500 metres high, and about four by eight km in extent.
Being a Brisbane boy originally, I have visited many times over the years. Unfortunately my most recent visit was, perforce, somewhat limited, but I hope this page gives some feel for this lovely area. Should you visit the Gold Coast and feel the need for an alternative to the endless skyscrapers, traffic and theme parks, Mt Tamborine could be the ideal answer. If you wish to stay longer, there is no shortage of accommodation choices.
- Pros:Still a lovely area
- Cons:Becoming busier
- In a nutshell:A great escape
I must make a shamefaced confession: although I’m happy to be a tourist, I’m really no shopper. Maybe you are. I suspect... more travel advice
tiabunna's Related Pages
Mount Tamborine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE GOLD COAST HINTERLAND"
- "MOUNT TAMBOURINE"
- "Beautiful Mt. Tamborine"
- "A wonderful hinterland"
- "Mount Tambourine"
- "Tamborine Mountain Open Gardens 2009"
- "Mount Tamborine – A cool place to escape"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Tamborine
- Hotels in Mount Tamborine
- Restaurants in Mount Tamborine
- Shopping in Mount Tamborine
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Tamborine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Tamborine
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Mount Tamborine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Tamborine
Photos in Mount TamborineSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 222 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 46 reviews, 178 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Canberra Intro, 60 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kakadu National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 161 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 38 reviews, 151 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 54 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 30 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Macquarie Island Intro, 29 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cowra Intro, 19 reviews, 75 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos