"la Roche-Bernard" La Roche-Bernard by tiabunna

La Roche-Bernard Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 45 photos

Bridge over the Vilaine

Heading from Vannes toward Nantes, down the N165-E60, you cross the Vilaine River.

As you do, you will find yourself on a very impressive suspension bridge, which clearly replaces an older bridge, the remains of which can still be seen. You have reached La Roche-Bernard.

• Pros:A pleasant spot for a break
  • Cons:None that we noticed
  • In a nutshell:We enjoyed visiting there.
  • Intro Written Feb 23, 2006

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM

The backstreets are always the most interesting part of cities, I think. Nice little page, George

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Another place in France where I should follow your feet step !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 5:53 AM

While I can't actually claim to have been to La Roche-Bernard, your backstreet photo does bring back memories of cycling around in rural France. Also, like Katherine (Ekaterinburg) we used to take our children camping in France when they were growing up.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2007 at 2:00 AM

That old cannon reminds me of the cannon I saw 35 years ago, overlooking the Suez Canal. Except that one had probably been used lately, as opposed to this one LOL

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 4:06 AM

Great that the old bridge has been left in situ. Nice little page

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2006 at 6:47 AM

Big nostalgia trip for me here. For about 8 years we took the children to France in the summer and stayed on the excellent French campsites. Driving from the ferry at Roscoff, La Roche B was a familiar landmark to us. Happy days!

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 8:13 AM

Nice page with excelent photos. Thanks George.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2006 at 6:54 AM

This looks like a scenic area and a quaint town. I would not mind taking the time to do some exploring in little spots like this in France! Nice pics btw!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 6:33 AM

Old bridge, new bridge, the cannons standing ready, the threat of the English coming up the river.....all reminiscent of Newport, Rhode Island!! :-)

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 1:22 AM

There is something very familiar about this town and the photo of the buildings is so appealing.....its the colours I think. Great page, thank you.

tiabunna

“Do it while you can”

Badges & Stats in La Roche-Bernard

Have you been to La Roche-Bernard?

Latest Activity in La Roche-Bernard