"DAMAS" Damascus by fabrice
Damascus Travel Guide: 825 reviews and 2,203 photos
I hope it is clear for you now:NEVER mention israel while you are in syria;if you cross syria,don't say that you will go to israel afterwards;when you arrive at the syrian border,never speak of israel,you have never been there,and you will never go,ok?many friends of mine arrived at the turkish-syrian border or jordan-syria border,they were refused at the border and had to go back without going to syria just because they mentioned israel.
But Damascus is not like Casablanca or Cairo .Here nobody will bother you and you will not be harrassed by postcard sellers or false guides, because tourism is not so much developed ; syria has also the most beautiful girls in the world (sorry for russia) , but if you are a single tourist girl, be careful, 5000 men will follow you in the street and spoil your day , so be clever : cover your body as much as possible like the syrian girls who are fed up with men
- Pros:extremely rich in history
- Cons:problems with medicine and clinics, do not get ill
- In a nutshell:you can stay here 15 days, it is worth it, but not longer
some areas are extremely rich, for instance "mezze" , where you will see big cars from the gulf or emirates more travel advice
- See All omeyyades mosque
- See All bosra ,southern syria
- place des martyrs,you will...
- place des martyrs is the place...
fabrice's Related Pages
Damascus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fascinating, fabled city"
- "Damascus - دمشق"
- "touching the sky of pleasure"
- "We'll be back to the White Lighthouse...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Damascus
- Hotels in Damascus
- Transportation in Damascus
- Nightlife in Damascus
- Restaurants in Damascus
- Shopping in Damascus
- Warnings and Dangers in Damascus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Damascus
- 14 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Damascus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Damascus
Photos in DamascusSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Strasbourg Intro, 36 reviews, 42 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beirut Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Israel Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos
- Iraq Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Monaco Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues