"Saint George, almost home" Saint George by WinInZion
Saint George Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 72 photos
A lot of people approach S.W. Utah from Las Vegas and you will pass thru St. George. This is the largest city in the area and has alot going on.
First is the golf. I am not a golfer so I can only say that the area has at least 10 golf courses with more being built or planned. Golf is huge in St George and you can play most of the year.
For eating there are numerous restaraunts but most are chains. For a good solid meal try Scaldonis, The Painted Horse and for fun the Cafe Rio.
There are alot of motels in St George and I've only stayed at the Abbey Inn. a search of any major chain will turn up a mote/hotel in St George.
The surrounding area offers Snow Canyon, Pioneer Park, Red Cliffs Reserve and of course Zion N.P.
There is basically no night life in St George. If you need some excitement Mesquite, NV is only 35 miles away.
Pioneer Park is above St George and easily accessed from downtown or Rt 15.
This a good sized playground of Red Rock. The views are outstanding and it's a good place to stretch you legs.
One thing, please pick up your garbage. I spend alot of time in parks and wilderness areas and this was the dirtiest! Don't let this stop you because it is beautiful but please don't litter.
I'll be brief here but if you have time and 4WD there is some great exploring from St. George. There is a BLM office in the center of St. George and you should vist there for maps or info.
The AZ Strip is the area between the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the Utah border. It has over 4000 miles of unpaved road and is a great place to explore. Please, know your limitations, this is an unmaintainted area you will not see many people. Bring food, water, spare tire and a full tank of gas!
From St George you can get to a great area with Pertoglyphs called Liitle Black Mtn. You could do this in a car on a good dry day. Well maintained with a toilet it's probably only an hour from St George. You will get a good sense of the vastness of S.W. Utah.
WinInZion's Related Pages
Saint George Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. George - home of my best friends :-)"
- "Gateway to Canyon Country"
- "Utah retreat"
- "Granger44's Saint George Page"
- "Southern Utah"
- "St. George"
- "St. George, Utah's southern outpost."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint George
- Hotels in Saint George
- Transportation in Saint George
- Restaurants in Saint George
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint George
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Saint George?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint George
Photos in Saint GeorgeSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Zion National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Kanab Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Springdale Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Beaver Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Overton Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Moab Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Bluff Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.