"Bluff - What a Great Destination" Bluff by WinInZion
Bluff Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 37 photos
Bluff, UT is located just North of the Monument Valley. We only spent a couple of days here but will be returning. Bluff is a little South of Blanding which is a larger town and would give better access to other areas.
We spent time visiting Hovenweep Nat'l Monument, a canyong off RT 95 West of Blanding and the Butler Wash area South of Bluff. Lots of Indian Ruins and drawings.
This area is really known as Cedar Mesa and it occupies a large area. A must have is Kelsey book "Hiking the Colorado Plateau".
All of the area requires a little work to access the neat places! Muley Pt is located off RT 261, a mostly paved road, that runs from RT 95 to RT 163 just South of Bluff.
We started by leaving Bluff and traveling North on RT 163 to RT 95 West. We
did a hike into Lower Muley Canyon and visited another ruins in the area. We then continued West on 95 to RT 261 South. You will pass many area for ruins, we just didn't have time. You will come to a right turn to Muley Pt and drive about 9 miles on a gravel road. The views are incredible as is the landscape.
From here go back to RT 261 and continue South. This gets interesting! You are now going down a steep series of switchbacks and the road has turned to gravel. 3 miles of this. Phew!
You can't see it all in a month and we only had three days, This a ruin called "Firehouse" in Lower Muley Canyon off RT 95 West of Blanding. A great little canyon to hike in, we went in about 2 3/4 miles.
- Pros:A beautiful, remote area. UT as it should be
- Cons:Being discovered - some people are pigs!!
One of best "we do it all" restaurants I've been to. Open for breakfast right thru dinner. We had a few breakfasts here... more travel advice
WinInZion's Related Pages
Bluff Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A lot more than first meets the eye"
- "Twin Rocks & Fry Bread"
- "Bluff - What a Great Destination"
- "Camping trip to Comb Ridge outside of Bluff, Utah"
- "BLUFF, UTAH"
- "Heaven... if you can stand the social isolation !"
- "Basaic Bluff Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bluff
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bluff?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bluff
Top 10 Pages
- Zion National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Kanab Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Springdale Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Overton Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Beaver Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Moab Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Bluff Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.