"Valley of Fire a must do from Vegas!" Valley of Fire State Park by WinInZion
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 310 photos
If you're staying in Vegas and need a break, Valley of Fire is the place to go. I've got some information on my Overton, NV page so I I'll try not to over do it here.
Getting here is easy, just go North on Interstate 15 until you reach the exit for here. A nicer ride is to exit at Lake Mead Blvd East and enter the area from there. Some great desertscapes and views of Lake Mead.
Once in the Valley just roam around and visit all the different areas. Plan on doing a short 1/2 mile hike to Mouse's Tank. This is a sandy level walk with Indian Petroglyphs all ove the walls. This will be hot in Summer and it's best to do early and avoid crowds.
You will want to spend the better part of a day here, bring lunch and lots of water!
On the last couple of trips to this area we've seen wild Burros. These are ancestors of the ones used by miners years... more travel advice
WinInZion's Related Pages
Valley of Fire State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Brief Stop Before Civilization: Valley of Fire"
- "Nevada's Finest State Park"
- "In a Word, SPECTACULAR"
- "Valley of Fire State Park"
- "Valley of Fire"
- "Great get-a-way from the Vegas strip."
- "Sharrie's Valley of Fire Wilderness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valley of Fire State Park
- Hotels in Valley of Fire State Park
- Transportation in Valley of Fire State Park
- Restaurants in Valley of Fire State Park
- Shopping in Valley of Fire State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Valley of Fire State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Valley of Fire State Park
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Valley of Fire State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valley of Fire State Park
- Posted in Travel Utah Forum "Re: south utah road trip - revised"
- Wrote a Review Watch for Wild Burros in Valley of Fire State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch for Wild Burros"
- updated a Valley of Fire State Park Travel Page "Valley of Fire a must do from Vegas!"
- Commented on one of Combinedefx's Valley of Fire State Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Zion National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 56 photos
- Kanab Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Snow Canyon State Park Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Springdale Intro, 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Overton Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Beaver Intro, 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Moab Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Bluff Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.