"Different is wonderful!" MissR6's Profile

The beginning ...

1997, when I had just finished my apprenticeship in a bank, I went off to see the world. It took me to the most far away place (as seen from Germany) ... to New Zealand. And as I was already down there, also to Australia. I`ve studied English for 6 months and enjoyed another 4 months of traveling around New Zealand and Australia by motorbike, bus, car and campervan. I`ve had the best time of my life. And I`ve felt, that traveling had become the most important part of my life ...

It almost came to an end ...

Unfortunatley I did not manage to escape my parents and my little bro who came to pick me up in New Zealand and who brought me back to Germany. I cannot say "brought me home to Germany", cause home is where the heart is - and mine was still in New Zealand. I`ve ended up in a boring office job. Had to dress up every day, had to wear my hair nicely done, had to put on make-up and what-so-ever. My life consisted of nothing but sleeping, eating, going to work, sitting in the office, getting back home, eating, sleeping and getting up again. Same ***, different day. I did not travel for years.

10 months on the road ... it´s done.

End of 2005 I have quit my job and went back on the road. I have visited friends in New York, attended a wonderful Chinese wedding in Philadelphia and traveled through Southern Peru for 4 weeks and fell in love with this wonderful country. And finally I have arrived in Cordoba, Argentina and started my Spanish language course. I have settled down and enjoyed everyday life in Argentina. And then ... my parents came to visit me and we met in Santiago de Chile in March 2007 and started an amazing trip through one of the most beautiful countries I have ever seen (so far)! Well, at the end I have lost my heart and my soul in South America ...

I am back ... and off again?

Since May 2007 I am back in Germany. Back home. It was hard to get back to everyday life in Germany, but after a couple of months and being back in a new job, getting on with friends and family, I have settled again. We will see, for how long!

I will go to Venezuela for 3 weeks in November - another country in South America, where I have lost my heart. I have to go back and see, what more is to discover. And hope, one day I will be on the road again for a longer while ... Will keep you updated! :)

*******************************************************************************************************
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. EXPLORE. DREAM. DISCOVER. (by Mark Twain)

• Intro Updated Jul 21, 2008

• akkipaa's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2007 at 2:40 AM

Happy Birthday Michelle, have a nice and great day! Enjoy! Cheers from Markku and Finland

• MissR6's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2006 at 12:53 AM

Many thanks guys for all your lovely birthday wishes! I've had a quiet, but very pleasant day with my colleagues and family. Thanks again and take care! :)

• chbuchie's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 11:01 AM

Happy Birthday greetz from Antwerp, C

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 4:38 AM

WELL YOU HAVE SEEN QUITE A LOT . HAPPY BIRTHDAY

• astack's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 4:04 AM

Happy Birthday and Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!

• g02's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2006 at 10:54 PM

hapy wishes from pakistan

• JustaDreamin's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2006 at 8:57 PM

Hey Michelle, birthday wishes to you from sunny Southern California! Hope you had an awesome day!!

• MacLnd's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2006 at 11:44 AM

I hope you didnt crash your motorbike somewhere :) Have a nice weekend!

• gubbi1's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 7:20 AM

Hallo, beste Grüsse in den Taunus! Mal schauen, vielleicht schaffe ich es ja auch nach Frankfurt Ende Januar... Ciao, Christian.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2005 at 11:37 AM

Halloechen Michelle, willkommen und Gruesse aus CHCH. Waltraud.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
MissR6's Profile Photo

MissR6

“I SEE MY PATH, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT LEADS. NOT KNOWING WHERE I'M GOING IS WHAT INSPIRES ME TO TRAVEL IT.”

Ranked Member