"Jinhua China" Jinhua by Fullmoonfever

Jinhua Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 19 photos

About Jinhua

Jinhua is an industrial city located in Zhejiang province. Unlike Shanghai, its still has a mixture of both old and new China. Westerners are not commonly seen in Jinhua. I walked around on several occasions and did not see another westerner person. So, it should go without saying that the locals check you out and some will even walk up and say hi. I walked around in the evenings and sometimes as late as 10 or 11 PM. I felt totally safe and the people are very friendly.

One of the things that you don't see in Shanghai, (or at least I didn't) that you do see in Jinhua is a trike!

The Wu Jiang

The Wu Jiang in english means "bird river".

Actually Wu means the "place of birds or the place where birds gather" and "Jiang" means river.

The Wu River runs thru Jinhua and is rather big by my standards, but is considered small by my Chinese friends. This means there are many bridges in Jinhua, which is a feature I love. The Wu creates an island in the middle of the city. This island is used totally for the growing of small vegetables gardens.

The land in the right side of this photos is that island, which I can no longer remember.

• Last visit to Jinhua: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2008

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Now I know why I am single ..... Mo' Beer !

• Herwig1961's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Have been at this province but not at this city.Great fotos!Thanks for sharing!

• MichaelRees's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2008 at 11:24 PM

China the most dangerous to drive? You have obviously never driven in Africa or the Middle East

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2008 at 11:16 AM

why only 6 photos?

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2008 at 3:13 PM

May be going for the 3rd time this year?? I have been working way too much.

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 2:17 PM

The accomodation sounds a good deal.

• pattypoo's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2008 at 10:32 AM

Smart intelligent person say "You like China" LOL.. Looks like you did Glen, I havent got there yet. I'm still saving to go heheh

• ezaguryk's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2008 at 7:01 AM

I glad to hear news from you, how china and spain, both are a beutiful, china it is tradicion cultural, spain, the people, the food............ these weekend i finaly was building my china pages....... hope to see your to

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM

There was a case where someone was grossly overcharged from the Shanghai airport. I don't remember but it was something like a 2000 rmb charge for a 160 rmb ride. He reported it to the hotel and got his money back along with an apology from the city.

• Bilimari's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 5:39 PM

What did bring you to China?

Fullmoonfever