"Michigan - The Great Lakes State" Michigan by Fullmoonfever
Michigan Travel Guide: 3,741 reviews and 7,595 photos
We live in northern Indiana, about an hour from the Michigan state line. We often go there camping, biking canoeing, kayaking and snow skiing. I am going to have only one page for the entire state of Michigan instead of for individual towns and cities.
Some tips will be for canoeing/kayaking the Pine River, located north of Baldwin and west of Cadillac. I will have the "Pine River" in the name of each tip.
Or instead of canoeing you would to go hang-glidering in a state park located right on the shore of beautiful Lake Michigan! This would be in Warren Dunes State Park. Again, I'll have "state park" in each tip so that right away you'll know if its info you really want or need to know.
Later as I get more time, I'll add information about skiing in Michigan. I bet there's more ski resorts in Michigan than you think!
We go canoeing or kayaking on the Pine river at least once a year. Usually in the spring. And sometimes go again in late summer or early fall.
Michigan has numerous Ski resorts. They are not in the same league as those in Western states such as Colorado, but if you live in the midwest they are not 1,200 miles away!
Warren Dunes State Park is located on the southeastern shores from Lake Michigan. We love the great views and hiking along the lake.
- Pros:Great natural resourses
- In a nutshell:I love Michigan because it offers great weekend get-a-ways.
A State park where you can go hang gliding!!! Warren Dunes State Park is located on the southeastern shores of Lake... more travel advice
Much of my location information concerning getting around, finding campsites and canoe rentals for the Pine River are... more travel advice
Fullmoonfever's Related Pages
Michigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Michigan Back Roads and Byways"
- "Michigan is not Detroit"
- "Basaic Michigan Page"
- "Michigan Wonderland of Old Mingled with New"
- "Michigan - The Great Lakes State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Michigan
- Hotels in Michigan
- Transportation in Michigan
- Nightlife in Michigan
- Restaurants in Michigan
- Shopping in Michigan
- Warnings and Dangers in Michigan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Michigan
- 10 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Michigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Michigan
Top 10 Pages
- Changzhou Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Michigan Intro, 10 reviews, 15 photos
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Palm Beach Gardens Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Virginia Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Florida Intro, 14 reviews, 1 photo
- Suzhou Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Wayne Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Valencia Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (62)
Top Michigan hotels
- Detroit Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1482 Photos
- Grand Rapids Hotels
- 116 Reviews - 152 Photos
- Dearborn Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Lansing Hotels
- 61 Reviews - 68 Photos
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 20 Photos
- Houghton Lake Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 74 Photos
- Frankenmuth Hotels
- 49 Reviews - 101 Photos
- Traverse City Hotels
- 124 Reviews - 256 Photos
- Mackinac Island Hotels
- 187 Reviews - 379 Photos
- Warren Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Bloomfield Hills Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Madison Heights Hotels
- 15 Hotels
- Sault Ste. Marie Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 99 Photos
- Port Huron Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Auburn Hills Hotels
- 8 Reviews - 17 Photos