"Michigan - The Great Lakes State" Michigan by Fullmoonfever

Michigan Travel Guide: 3,744 reviews and 7,607 photos

Michigan - More than the Motor City

We live in northern Indiana, about an hour from the Michigan state line. We often go there camping, biking canoeing, kayaking and snow skiing. I am going to have only one page for the entire state of Michigan instead of for individual towns and cities.

Some tips will be for canoeing/kayaking the Pine River, located north of Baldwin and west of Cadillac. I will have the "Pine River" in the name of each tip.

Or instead of canoeing you would to go hang-glidering in a state park located right on the shore of beautiful Lake Michigan! This would be in Warren Dunes State Park. Again, I'll have "state park" in each tip so that right away you'll know if its info you really want or need to know.

Later as I get more time, I'll add information about skiing in Michigan. I bet there's more ski resorts in Michigan than you think!

Canoeing, Kayaking and skiing

We go canoeing or kayaking on the Pine river at least once a year. Usually in the spring. And sometimes go again in late summer or early fall.

Michigan has numerous Ski resorts. They are not in the same league as those in Western states such as Colorado, but if you live in the midwest they are not 1,200 miles away!

Dune Doomed!

Warren Dunes State Park is located on the southeastern shores from Lake Michigan. We love the great views and hiking along the lake.

• Pros:Great natural resourses
  • Cons:None!!!!!
  • In a nutshell:I love Michigan because it offers great weekend get-a-ways.
  • Last visit to Michigan: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 14, 2008

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2010 at 1:34 AM

This area sounds and looks very nice, maybe get their one day, have friends in Michigan.

• VZ-Pam's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2010 at 8:07 AM

Tourists dont need yellow fever shot, only the real travelers need it.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2009 at 9:00 PM

Didn't realise that I had visited your page here before Glen....but had another great virtual trip :o) This certainly looks like my kinda holiday!! Hugs, Ann.

• ciaobellamici's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 4:23 PM

You're right! Michigan is a wonderful state! I am working on my M22 travel page and am excited to share the beautiful locations within Leelanau County.

• Helenbb's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2008 at 8:41 PM

cuz u r american. in china. we had competition even when we were very little. so many people. u do need to study hard and work hard .and i am always wanna be the no.1 if not. then top 3 at least.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2008 at 5:55 PM

nice page on this lake driven tourism state. i liked your canoeing tips and warnings.

Fullmoonfever Visits Here Frequently!

Fullmoonfever

“I brake for rainbows!”

Badges & Stats in Michigan

Have you been to Michigan?

Latest Activity in Michigan