"Hirado" Hirado by gogonicetrip
Hirado Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 33 photos
Hirado is a city in Nagasaki-ken, and occupies an island connected to the larger island of Kyushu by the Hirado Bridge.
From 16th to 17th century, Hirado was prospered as a major center of foreign trade, especially with China and Dutch.
After Ieyasu Tokugawa enforces national isolation, the trade center was closed and was relocated to Dejima where was an island of Nagasaki city.
During that period, Hirado was the seat of the Hirado lord; and their Hirado Castle is today an historical and architectural landmark on the island.
Hirado is the one of must visit area in Nagasaki-ken since its beautiful nature, historical attractions as well as the hot spring.
1) Horado Castle, is the castle of the former Hirado government
2) Matsura Histrical Museum, is a museum of Matsura family collections
3) Hirado Bridge, is a suspended bridge connects the island of Hirado and Matsuura-city
4) Komyo temple
5) Monument of St.Francis Xavier
6) Dutch Bridge, is a arch-type stone bridge by the use of Dutch technique
Matsuura family built Hinodake Castle on Kameoka hill across Hirado in 1599. When going to the Castle from the town,... more travel advice
Hirado Bridge is a suspended bridge connects the island of Hirado and Matsuura-city in Nagasaki-ken. It has a main span... more travel advice
gogonicetrip's Related Pages
Hirado Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiet Little Samuri Town"
- "Miffy's Hirado page"
- "Hirado & The Ninety Nine Islands"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hirado
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Hirado?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hirado
Photos in HiradoSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 137 reviews, 272 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 44 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kitakyushu Intro, 53 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka-ken Intro, 12 reviews, 96 photos
- Chiba-ken Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagasaki Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oita-ken Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Nagasaki-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos
- Yamaguchi-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos