"Shimonoseki is famous for the Blowfish" Shimonoseki by gogonicetrip
Shimonoseki Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 53 photos
Shimonoseki is the Japan’s principal fishing ground for the Blowfish, is called as “Fuku” in Japanese which means good luck.
Visitor never tire of the various tastes of blowfish in such foods as sashimi, sushi, fuku-nabe (cooked in a pot), fuku in rice porridge, and hire-sake (blowfish fin braised in Japanese Sake).
Why don’t you try to taste fuku in Shimonoseki?
Chofu Garden is located in Shimonoseki City, used to be the Samurai house of Nishi Ykinaga who was the vice leader of... more travel advice
Hinoyama is a mountain located in Shimonoseki with an altitude of 268m. Hinoyama means mountain of fire since there was... more travel advice
gogonicetrip's Related Pages
Shimonoseki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shimonoseki is famous for the Blowfish"
- "Shimonoseki - Capital of Fugo"
- "Shimonoseki - Yamaguchi Prefecture"
- "Crazy Fugu town and Place of the Musashi duel"
- "Pusan, Korea- Shimonoseki Ferry Information"
- "Shimonoseki, Japan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shimonoseki
- Transportation in Shimonoseki
- Restaurants in Shimonoseki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shimonoseki
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Shimonoseki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shimonoseki
Photos in ShimonosekiSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 137 reviews, 272 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 44 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kitakyushu Intro, 53 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka-ken Intro, 12 reviews, 96 photos
- Chiba-ken Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos
- Oita-ken Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagasaki Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagasaki-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos
- Yamaguchi-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos