"Yamaguchi, is called Kyoto of the west" Yamaguchi by gogonicetrip
Yamaguchi Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 37 photos
Yamaguchi-city is located in the center of Yamaguchi-ken and is the center of local administration and economy.
Built in the middle of the 14th century by a warlord in the Ouchi family in imitation of Kyoto, then the capital of Japan, the city was called “Kyoto of the west” and prospered.
The Goju-no-to of Rurikoji Temple, a 31m tall five-story national treasure pagoda built in the 15th century, is a reflection of Kyoto culture.
Sesshu Garden in the Joei Temple, is one of most famous Japanese garden in Kyushu, and was made by Sesshu who was artist of ink painting and first Japanese to appear on a foreign postage stamp.
gogonicetrip's Related Pages
Yamaguchi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Breath-taking nature at Yamaguchi"
- "Yamaguchi, is called Kyoto of the west"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Yamaguchi
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Yamaguchi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yamaguchi
Photos in YamaguchiSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 137 reviews, 272 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 44 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kitakyushu Intro, 53 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka-ken Intro, 12 reviews, 96 photos
- Chiba-ken Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos
- Oita-ken Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagasaki Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagasaki-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos
- Yamaguchi-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos