"Nagasaki, feel European cultures" Nagasaki-ken by gogonicetrip
Nagasaki-ken Travel Guide: 300 reviews and 678 photos
Nagasaki-ken is located on south-weatern coast of Kyushu region.
Nagasaki was a center of European influence from Portugal and Dutch in medieval Japan from first contact through the isolationist era until the opening of Japan and the resultant modernization of Japan during theMeiji Restoration.
It became a major Imperial Japan Navy base during the Firsit Sino Japanese War and Russo-Japanise War and eventually was the second city on which an atmic bomb was dropped during World War 2.
Unzen Memorial Museum is the only museum where one can experience a simulated volcanic eruption, and learn the damage... more travel advice
Obama Onsen is located in the foot in Unzen and faces the Tachibana Bay, and has a long history since 19th century. more travel advice
gogonicetrip's Related Pages
Nagasaki-ken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nagasaki, feel European cultures"
- "Nagasaki - Rebuild City"
- "My Nagasaki-ken"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nagasaki-ken
- Hotels in Nagasaki-ken
- Transportation in Nagasaki-ken
- Nightlife in Nagasaki-ken
- Restaurants in Nagasaki-ken
- Shopping in Nagasaki-ken
- Warnings and Dangers in Nagasaki-ken
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nagasaki-ken
- 58 Reviews
- 149 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Nagasaki-ken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nagasaki-ken
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Japan Intro, 137 reviews, 272 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo-to Intro, 44 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka Intro, 48 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kitakyushu Intro, 53 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fukuoka-ken Intro, 12 reviews, 96 photos
- Chiba-ken Intro, 22 reviews, 78 photos
- Oita-ken Intro, 26 reviews, 61 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagasaki Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nagasaki-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos
- Yamaguchi-ken Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos