"WORMS" Worms by Binegars1990
Worms Travel Guide: 85 reviews and 266 photos
For over a thousand years Worms played a pivotal role in German history--and has the monuments to prove it. Althought the town had been settled since the Stone Age and was a major Roman garrison, its time of glory really began in the 5th century AD when, according to legend, the Burgudians made it their capital. Out of a cloudy past came the greates of German epics, the Nibelungenlied, replete with such heroes and villains as Siegfried, Brunhild, Gunther, Hagen and even Attila the Hun. Twisted almost beyond recognition in Richard Wagner's Ring Cycle, the orginal story takes place mostly in and around Worms, and is partly based on historic events.
This cemetery has been in use since the 11th century and the oldest in Europe. A walk through this higly evocative spot... more travel advice
Binegars1990's Related Pages
Worms Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Worms, Nibelungs, Roman Empire and transientness.."
- "Worms: Nibelung and the Nazis"
- "Why visit Worms?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Worms
- Hotels in Worms
- Transportation in Worms
- Restaurants in Worms
- Shopping in Worms
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Worms
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Worms?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Worms
Photos in WormsSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Oslo Intro, 5 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Helsinki Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oranienburg Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos
- Fairford Intro, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bern Intro, 4 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Trier Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankara Intro, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.