"Another Little Jewel in the Great Barrier Reef" Lady Elliott Island by thedouglas
Lady Elliott Island Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 5 photos
This lovely little island is accessed from Bundaberg - and is a lovely place to visit, espeically if you want to have a real getaway from the bustle break, enjoy some snorkeling and exploring a lovely part of the Great Barrier Reef - and come face to face with nature in an unspoiled environment.
This little island started off as a guano mining source - and has a degree of infrastructure. There is no mining there now - just holidaying and relaxing. The views are breathtaking on any day.
The crystal blue waters around the island on the reef are just so beautiful, clear and clean. The many species that live in the water are there to be seen with the naked eye if you do a reef walk when the tide is right. You can just walk between the bommies and look, or lie quietly with a mask and snorkel and watch the day to day doings in coral city.
- Pros:All that nature has to offer
- Cons:Having to share it
- In a nutshell:Precious little piece of ecosystem in one of the great wonders of the world
thedouglas' Related Pages
Lady Elliott Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Another Little Jewel in the Great Barrier Reef"
- "Lady Elliott Island"
- See All...
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lady Elliott Island
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Lady Elliott Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lady Elliott Island
Photos in Lady Elliott IslandSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 72 reviews, 198 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 61 reviews, 142 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Intro, 47 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandalay Intro, 29 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lightning Ridge Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rangoon Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sukhothai Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos