Rangoon Transportation Tips by thedouglas
Rangoon Transportation: 39 reviews and 49 photos
There are a range of bus services around Yangon - but, there is a major need for you to either have the phsical space needs of a sardine, or exceptionally good holding on skills if you end up on the back!
The buses were generally as old as the hills, and obviously a major people moving mode of transport in this city. Bicycles and motorbikes are not permitted in Yangon, so mass people moving is the only option, if you don't own your own car.
In addition to the bus option, there is a train, which we did not sample.
Australian Torana Taxi
The taxi fares in Yangon are relatively fixed - and there is little room or need for negotiating fares.
They are, one and all, relics of at least 30 years of age, but we found this mode of transport very easy to get around with. The drivers were generally courteous, and had enough English for directions and even small talk. Never mind that the windows often don't work - and airconditioning is a rarity.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (19)
- See All Market Stroll
- See All Fessing up about your age - by the...
- See All Watch where you put your feet!
- See All Keep your hands clean and out of your...
- See All Traditional Teahouse experience
thedouglas' Related Pages
Rangoon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yangon - capital and great introduction to Myanmar"
- "Yangon - City of Golden Pagodas"
- "Some of the Loveliest People in all of Asia"
- "Yangon - don`t worry anymore..."
- "Yangon - Once Visited"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rangoon
- Hotels in Rangoon
- Transportation in Rangoon
- Nightlife in Rangoon
- Restaurants in Rangoon
- Shopping in Rangoon
- Warnings and Dangers in Rangoon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rangoon
- 21 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Rangoon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rangoon
Photos in RangoonSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangkok Intro, 72 reviews, 198 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 61 reviews, 177 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luang Prabang Intro, 47 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mandalay Intro, 29 reviews, 79 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chiang Mai Intro, 26 reviews, 76 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lightning Ridge Intro, 18 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rangoon Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sukhothai Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 17 reviews, 31 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (44)
- Shwedagon Paya- 48 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Bogyoke (Scott) Market- 6 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Sule Paya- 15 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Botatung Paya- 9 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Kandawgyi Park and Lake- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- World War II cemetery- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Rangoon / Yangon Zoo- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Karaweik Royal Barge- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Chaukhtatgyi Paya- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Theingyi Zei market- 1 Reviews, 3 Photos
See All Rangoon Things to Do