"Fall in love with Montréal..." Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal by etrehumain

Montreal Travel Guide: 3,666 reviews and 6,834 photos

The many faces of Montreal

I've been around the world and the only place i can see myself live, is here in Montreal. Just big enough to have many great activities (the Jazz festival, the formula one Grand-Prix, many film festivals) and small enough to be friendly, Montreal has so many faces that you will need to come back many times.

Each parts of the city are of interests: the old-port for the old french city; downtown for all the shopping and clubbing; Plateau Mont-Royal for the french speaking restaurants and boutiques, and the Lafontaine park; Quartier Latin for the french shows, cinemas and restaurants; little Italia for the Jean-Talon market and of course restaurants; Mile-End for excellent cafes; Hochelaga-Maisonneuve for the Maisonneuve park, the botanic garden, the Biodome and the olympic stadium; Ste-Helene and Notre-Dame island for quiet and peace; and don't forget the mountain, the great Mont-Royal.

4 real seasons

Another great aspect of Montreal is that we have four seasons, completely different from one another. It's like if Montreal had four different faces, each one offering a unique personnality.

Winter in Montreal offer many outdoors activities (skating, festivals La Fête des Neiges and Montréal en Lumière) and indoors (Montreal Underground) if you don't want to go out in the cold. Not like in Europe where most of the time it's gray during winter, here the sun is almost there everyday.

Spring in Montreal is the time to get back on your bike and walk again for long distance.

Summer in Montreal is very difficult for one simple reason: you have to choose what to do because there is too much possibility: one festival after another, free activities in many park, so many sports to practice, so many expositions to go see, a lot of time to just sit in a park and relax... Summer here is almost perfect.

Ahhhhh, fall in Montreal, my favorite season of all. The Mont-Royal becomes a marvelous landscape that you can go in and walk for hours. Leaves red, orange, green and yellow everywhere, it's the best time of the year to be outside and watch the days become shorter.

Creativityland

Montreal is very inspiring. As a writer, i can find inspiration at every corner of this beautiful town. As a photographer, every angle of the places surrounding me can be transform as a piece of art. Here, art is everywhere, it is the land of imagination.

• Pros:Excellent metropole to live in
  • Cons:Ok, sometimes it can be a little bit cold. But i like it !
  • In a nutshell:IF YOU NEED INFOS ABOUT MONTREAL, E-MAIL ME !!!
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2007

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 5:55 AM

So nice to see your tip about Le Pelerin-Magellan. We ate there three times. Will have to try the Frites Alors and your other recommendations next trip. We loved staying in the Plateau/Quartier Latin area.

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2008 at 3:48 AM

Very nice and enthousiastic page for Montreal - I hope to be there soon :-) Happy 2008 Mary

• uchi2000's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Hey! thanks for your excellent tips, I`m going next week and found many things to do :)

• windoweb's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2007 at 12:01 PM

My husband and I will be here July 2007. We have tickets for the jazz festival and plan to see the Montreal Tower. I also want to see the Botanical Gardens.

• roza.v.welzenes's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Hi,I just can't get enough of reading your homepage.Excellent pages and beautiful pictures.I will be in montreal soon, I travel alone for the first time and i find your tips and informations are very useful.Thanks!

• rmdw's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM

Merci beaucoup, Daniel! You have some amazing pages too! Though I only spent 18 months in your great city, I enjoyed every minute!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 2:49 PM

That new library looks stunning. And there's so much good cinema in Montreal. --- Nice enthusiastic introduction to your home city!

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2006 at 6:18 PM

intersting suggestions!i'm rethinking whether shall i go to vancouver or montreal:)thanks

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 3:34 PM

I love Montreal! I'm hoping to move there within the next few years. A perfect city for an artist like me!

• empbu's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 10:15 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes Daniel! I'm a Canadiens fan all because of Saku Koivu ;-)

etrehumain Lives Here!

Badges & Stats in Montreal

Have you been to Montreal?

Latest Activity in Montreal