"Hafnarfjörður" Hafnarfjörður by Bjorgvin
Hafnarfjörður Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 242 photos
Hafnarfjordur is a town in southwestern Iceland, on the southwestern shore of Faxa Bay. In the 20th century it has become a southern suburb of Reykjavík. A fishing community built on an extensive lava field, it grew rapidly in the late 20th century as a result of the expansion of the capital.
Hafnarfjörður is only 10km southwest of Reykjavik. Busses 140 and 150 go from Reykjavik to the town center by the old... more travel advice
Sjóminjasafnið (The Maritime Museum); Vesturgata 8; more travel advice
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Hafnarfjörður Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hafnarfjörður - Reykjavík´s neighouring town."
- "The lava-town"
- "Once a village, now a suburb"
- "Hafnarfjörður my home town"
- "Four nights in Hafnarfjordur."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hafnarfjörður
- Hotels in Hafnarfjörður
- Transportation in Hafnarfjörður
- Restaurants in Hafnarfjörður
- Shopping in Hafnarfjörður
- Warnings and Dangers in Hafnarfjörður
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hafnarfjörður
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Hafnarfjörður?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hafnarfjörður
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue