Melnik Things to Do Tips by Bjorgvin
Melnik Things to Do: 22 reviews and 44 photos
The Melník castle is the most important sight of the town. In 1542 a much older castle was reconstructed in the Renaissance style. In the year 1646 a major reconstruction was started and the Early Baroque southern wing added. In 1753 the powerful Lobkowicz family came into possession of the castle and they have been the owners ever since except WWII and under Communist rule. Below the castle are large wine cellars.
Address: 276 01 Melnik.
Directions: Town centre. The castle is open all year daily 10-17.
Phone: 0206-622121, 622127
ST. Peter and Paul.
The church of St. Peter and Paul faces the Melník castle. Originaly it was a Romanesque church, but was rebuilt in the Gothic style and again in the 16th century. Together with the castle and the town square the most important sights in Melník.
Directions: Town centre
The Mìlník square is an important historical sight. In the middle of the square there is the fountain with group of statues created by Vincent Makovský. On the square there are many originally Gothic houses rebuilt in the Baroque style. Below them there are large wine cellars and many houses have original Baroque gables. On the northeastern part of the square stand the Renaissance city hall and Baroque Kapucín cloister.
More Reviews (3)
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Melnik Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Malgrat de Mar
- Galveston Hotels
- Penang Hotels
- Tobago Hotels
- Rangpo Hotels
- La Spezia
- Laoag City
Badges & Stats in Melnik
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Melnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melnik
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue