"Lienz" Lienz by Bjorgvin
Lienz Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 38 photos
Lienz is the capital of East Tyrol. Don't confuse it with Linz, the capital of Upper Austria. It is situated at the junction of three valleys, i.e. the Isel valley to the northwest, the Puster to the west, and the Drau to the east. The old town of Lienz is on the banks of the Isel River. The scenery along the Drau and the Isel valleys is spectacular with the towering peaks of the Lienz Dolomites as the main feature. Lienz was a Roman town in ancient times and the only Roman town in Tyrol, i.e. the ruined Aguntum 5 km east of Lienz on the road to Spittal, but before that there was an Celtic settlement there for several hundred years.
In the comfortable surroundings of Hotel Traube this elegant restaurant has much to offer. I was told that this was the... more travel advice
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Lienz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The beautiful East Tyrol"
- "3-day-trip to Austria"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lienz
- Hotels in Lienz
- Transportation in Lienz
- Restaurants in Lienz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lienz
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Lienz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lienz
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue