"Hofn" Höfn by Bjorgvin
Höfn Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 164 photos
The municipality of Hornafjordur is one of the largest in Iceland. The area is dominated by Europe’s biggest glacier, Vatnajökull. The area is easily accessible all year round and is frequented by tourists from all over the world, here you can find many of the most spectacular places in Iceland, Vatnajökull, Skaftafell, Jökulsárlón, Ingólfshöfði (Ingólf’s peak), Lónsöræfi and the town of Höfn. Hornafjordur´s economy revolves around fishing and fish processing. The harbour of Höfn (which literally means Harbour) is one of the best in the country. Agriculture dominates the area around Höfn, but tourism is a fast growing industry.
The Skaftafell National Park was founded in 1967.It covers an area of about 1,600 sq km which spreads over three valley... more travel advice
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Höfn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A trip between Iceberg"
- "Sharrie's Hofn Bond-age"
- "The Smelly Fishing Village !"
- "Hofn Glacier Adventure"
- " Jökulsárlón & Höfn Area "
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Höfn
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Höfn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Höfn
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue