"Molde" Molde by Bjorgvin
Molde Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 127 photos
I cherish many good memories from Norway, in particular from the Oslo fjord area, Sognefjord and Gudbrandsdalen. One place I have to mention is the town of Molde, capital of Møre og Romsdal, sometimes called “The town of roses”. Set in beautiful surroundings this is a place of many cultural activities, including an international literature festival and the famous annual Molde International Jazz Festival. During the invasion in April 1940 it was the temporary home of the Norwegian government, and it was from the shelter of a famous birch tree that king Håkon VI and crown prince Olav watched an air raid on the town probably meant to harm them. The town was much damaged but later rebuilt.
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Molde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home sweet home...."
- "Small town, jazz, literature & hiking"
- "Town og Jazz and Roses"
- "Norwegian Coastal Voyage Part 2"
- "Molde, town of roses, jazz and spectacular views"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Molde
- Hotels in Molde
- Transportation in Molde
- Restaurants in Molde
- Shopping in Molde
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Molde
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Molde?Share Your Travels
Photos in MoldeSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue