"Sandefjord" Sandefjord by Bjorgvin
Sandefjord Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 99 photos
The history of Sandefjord, Vestfold, goes back to a time when the region around the Oslo fjord was the cultural and commercial centre of the Vikings. Among the most prominent traces of the Vikings is the Gokstad burial mound outside Sandefjord. The royal burial mound dates back to 900 AD. Sandefjord is homeport of the replica of the Gokstad ship 'Gaia'. Whale ship 'Southern Actor' in the port of Sandefjord was rebuilt to represent the history of whaling in Norway. Sandefjord was the centre for these activities from World War I to the 1950's.
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Sandefjord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "How do they survive?"
- "A Sweet spot-Sandefjord"
- "The Whale City, my nice tourist trap"
- "Sandefjord, Larvik area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sandefjord
- Hotels in Sandefjord
- Transportation in Sandefjord
- Restaurants in Sandefjord
- Shopping in Sandefjord
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sandefjord
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sandefjord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sandefjord
Photos in SandefjordSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue