"Tønsberg" Tønsberg by Bjorgvin
Tønsberg Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 40 photos
The small town of Tønsberg, Vestfold, is considered to be the oldest town in Norway (founded c. AD 871) and it became an important trading centre in the Viking age. In the 13th century King Håkon Håkonsson built his castle, Tønsberghus, there. The town was destroyed by fire in 1536, and it was not until the 18th and 19th centuries that it became a major port again and one of Norway's major shipping and whaling centres. Tourist attractions include the ruins of the Tønsberghus, St. Michael's Church, the Royal Castle, and St. Olav´s Church. In nearby village Åsgårdstrand Edvard Munch lived when he returned home from abroad. It is there that many of his famous paintings were set.
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Tønsberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The oldest town of Norway"
- "My hometown"
- "Tønsberg 2008"
- "Nøtterøy , january 2002"
- "my home town"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tønsberg
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Tønsberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tønsberg
Photos in TønsbergSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Tønsberg hotel reviews
- MARITIM HOTELL AS
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 19, 2013