"Strömstad" Strömstad by Bjorgvin
Strömstad Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 81 photos
The town of Strömstad on the borderland between Sweden and Norway is a popular holiday resort by the sea. It is an ideal place to visit if you are travelling from Norway into Sweden or vice versa. The town is crowded with tourists in the summer, but nevertheless well worth visiting. Rock carvings (Hällristningar), and ancient burial grounds attest to the existence of Stone, Bronze, and Iron Age settlements in Bohuslän. One attraction is the Blomsholm Ship (Blomsholmsskeppet), 5 km Northeast of Strömstad. This burial ground probably dates back to the Viking Age. The ship itself is 42m long and 9m wide. Around the ship there are several burial mounds and there is a nearby burial ground as well.
Bjorgvin's Related Pages
Strömstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An "unknown" part of Sweden"
- "A Norwegian's shopping paradise"
- "A beautiful archipelago of the Swedish west coast"
- "Is this Norway or Sweden ??"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strömstad
- Hotels in Strömstad
- Transportation in Strömstad
- Restaurants in Strömstad
- Shopping in Strömstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Strömstad
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tanza Hotels
- Prefecture of Evros
- Vrachonisida Chelia Hotels
- Saint Joseph Peninsula State Park Hotels
- Île-de-France Hotels
- Isla San Lorenzo Hotels
- Parish of Saint Mary Hotels
- Sodus Point
- Castagneto Carducci
- Province of Misamis Oriental
Badges & Stats in Strömstad
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Strömstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strömstad
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos, 9 travelogues
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 38 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
- Greece Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 13 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 19 reviews, 14 photos
- Norway Intro, 5 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oslo Intro, 17 reviews, 15 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue