"Balikpapan" Top 5 Page for this destination Balikpapan by Simonyet

Balikpapan Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 46 photos

As I said on my introduction to my homepage, this is not a tourist destination. A strange place to live but it is peaceful and tropical. I am fortunate to have secured a great house that sits ontop of a hill overlooking the airport, ocean, the oil rigs out on the ocean and parts of Balikpapan.

From Balikpapan I am able to travel to Jakarta, Singapore, Sulawesi (Manado) and Bali for my long weekend getaways. All are less than 2 hours flying time.

There is not much to photograph in Balikpapan so I thought I would fill this page with photographs of my house.

• Intro Written Jun 20, 2006

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2006 at 4:16 PM

Hello there Simon, You are very welcome. Wow I think the crab rest. Is a great place to have a meal. And you have a very lovely home. Be safe over the holidays..Donna :)

• Oct 8, 2006 at 4:55 PM

Those 'restaurants' by the road sounds interesting. The accomodation in Balikpapan looks great.... wonder what the price is per night ;)

• michelle_jackson2323's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 1:01 AM

wanted to say that whatever you say to me i have forgotten. some people on here just cant be nice and they are totally entitled to my opinion. i would like to just forget it if u dont mind. oh and by the way your daughter is absolutely beautiful looking.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2006 at 7:59 PM

What a fabulous place to live Simon!! Good Aussie meat pie matey? Great!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• Borneobabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2006 at 7:57 AM

Simon, fantastic webpages. Your daughter is beautiful. I can totally relate to the occasional good old Aussie meat pie from Deli Cafe. Yes, thank goodness we don't have Maca's here, although my son has asked occasionally for a McHappy meal.

• Purpleshade's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2006 at 6:31 PM

Crab restaurnts sound good. Lesley

• adelaidean's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2006 at 5:47 PM

hya Simon...love the dining room..Is the table always set so elegantly? BTW your daughter is still very beautiful!!

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2006 at 11:17 PM

No wonder your daughter thought she was getting an "authentic Turkish meal" in Istanbul ;-)

Simonyet Used To Live Here!

Simonyet

“Auntie Em, hate you, hate Kansas, taking the dog...Dorothy.”

Badges & Stats in Balikpapan

Have you been to Balikpapan?

Latest Activity in Balikpapan