"Now living in Papua New Guinea" Simonyet's Profile

NOW LIVING IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA

Moved to PNG now...we are nomads.

Where am I ?

Not exactly sure yet.

My Personal Curriculum Vitae

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Kenyan refugees, I write award winning operas, and manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo woman with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook 30 Minute Brownies in 20 minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran of love, and an outlaw in Peru. Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly, defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I had trails with Manchester United, I am the subject of numerous documentaries.

When I am bored, I build large suspension bridges in my garden. I enjoy urban hand gliding. On Wednesdays, after work, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie.

Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don’t perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have appeared on Through The Keyhole and won the gold plaque. Last summer I toured Europe with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I run the 100m in 9.65 seconds. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in the international botany circles.

Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and all my bills are paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down.

I have made extraordinary four course meals using some vegetables and a Breville Toaster. I breed prize winning clams.

I have won bullfights in Madrid, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka and chess competitions at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

• Intro Updated Jun 2, 2013

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Sorry I am late. Happy birthday and many more to come!

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Happy Birthday Simon. I do hope that you have a great day. Regards, Carole.

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Happy birthday Simon, many happy travels!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Happy birthday, Simon!

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Thank you for accepting my friendship
    Svetlana Bellon

• Simonyet's Profile Photo
      Dec 4, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Hi Svetlana. I managed to view everything on your personal website and I must say, you are very creative....and very busy. I have not been actively participating in VT for some time but have been using pages for my travel references to all my latest destinations. However, I have continued to travel and explore the world at every opportunity and will continue until such time as I need to be in a wheel chair. This Christmas it is Tokyo and Taipei.....my actual travel motto should be "have stomach will travel". I am so looking forward to the ART of food in Japan. My other motto should be "shop till you drop". I am sure I can beat any woman hands down when it comes to shopping.

I hope you have a wonderful festive season and wish you success in art sales.
      Simon

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM

No you didn't manage everything on my website because it took me more than a year to write it, but I do appreciate you looking at it. Yes I am very busy including repairing my flat at the moment.
      I am happy that you continue to travel - my intentions are the same as soon as I finish my flat.
      I have a cousin in Tokyo and hope to visit him soon, but considering shopping I am not big on that and I don't mind you beating me on that one.
      Happy holidays!
      Svetlana Bellon

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Hi Simon. Hope that life is good for you where ever you are. Happy Birthday 2011. Carole.

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2010 at 2:38 AM

I miss you, Simon, 'wish you'd come back. Txx

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Hello Simon from Greece. Have you returned to VT? Janet

• allikat's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2009 at 10:37 PM

OMG! I just saw your comment on Deb's homepage! Was wondering where you are only recently. Well, hope you and Bebe are well and happy!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Simonyet's Profile Photo

Simonyet

“Auntie Em, hate you, hate Kansas, taking the dog...Dorothy.”

Real Name