"Unesco Site" Holloko by tamasbr
Holloko Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 26 photos
The centre of this village is two streets that have been restored and preserved and kept in tact as life used to be in the 18th and 19th century. Lots of folk art and handicrafts, all by very good craftsman.
The following is a list of folk art you will find here, at very reasonable prices. Basketweaving, Pottery, Leatherworks, Woodwork, Clothing, Candlemaking, Weaving etc. While there try the Muscatli Restaurant and gardens, usually in the summer they have gypsy music and the food is very good and reasonable.
Prices for a converted self catering little apartment in the old village is 8,000forint per night per room. Not too expensive and since it is a good two hours from Budapest it would be advised to stay a night, also a good stopover if you are heading to Eger or Tokay.
- Pros:Folk Art and Historic Site
- Cons:Only Active in the Summer months
- In a nutshell:Excellent Day trip or stopover to Northern Parts of Hungary
tamasbr's Related Pages
Holloko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unesco Site"
- "Holloko on the World Heritage List"
- "Village of Living History"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Holloko
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Holloko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Holloko
Photos in HollokoSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montreal Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Province of Ontario Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Szecsenyfelfalu Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hungary Intro, 11 reviews, 1 photo
- Ottawa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Sopron Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Holloko Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos