"Palenque" Top 5 Page for this destination Palenque by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Palenque Travel Guide: 217 reviews and 728 photos

I was lucky to visit Palenque - one of the most famous and visited archaeological sites in Mesoamerica in January of 2011. It is the norhtwesternmost city-state in the Maya World, set at the edge of the Yucatan plainlands.
Palenque was a Maya city state in southern Mexico that flourished in the 7th century.

You can watch my
1 min 19 sec about Palenque Video Palenque On the way to the Archaeological Zone out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
5 min 08 sec about Palenque Video Palenque part 1 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
4 min 17 sec about Palenque Video Palenque part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
3 min 27 sec about Palenque Video Palenque part 3 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
2 min 15 sec about Palenque Video Palenque Museum out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
3 min 09 sec about Palenque Video Palenque Villa Mercedes in the evening out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
4 min 42 sec about Palenque Video Palenque Villa Mercedes in the morning out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
2 min 59 sec about Video Zinacantan-Palenque by bus part 1 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
y 1 min 58 sec about Video Zinacantan-Palenque by bus part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.

Completed pages out of a trip in Mexico in January-February of 2011
17) Mérida (23 reviews, 98 photos),
18) Ruinas Chichén-Itzá (28 reviews, 141 photos),
19) Ek Balam (7 reviews, 30 photos),
20) Ikil (2 reviews, 21 photos),
21) Cancún (23 reviews, 194 photos).
22) Mexico (41 reviews, 331 photos).

• Last visit to Palenque: Jan 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 5, 2014

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Hello, Sergey! I see you had a great stay there...Thanks for your description, pictures and video clips!)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2013 at 3:44 AM

The Palenque archaeological site is huge, much bigger I think than Chichen-Itza which I have seen. The Grand Palace is amazing. I must try to see this the next time we go to Mexico.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
      Jul 29, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Thank you, Lori! I suppose Palenque isn't less interesting than Chichen-Itza and you will be able to see it in your next visit to Mexico.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM

It looks wonderful with the ruins and jungle! I hope to visit one day.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2012 at 7:44 AM

very interesting place and civilization

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
      Nov 7, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Thank you, Andrey! Yes, Palenque as the Maya civilization seemed to me more pleasant place in the green jungle in comparison with Aztec Teotihuacan in the mountain desert...

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Palenque

Have you been to Palenque?

Latest Activity in Palenque