Heiligenstadt Favorite Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Heiligenstadt Favorites: 2 reviews and 10 photos
Heiligenstadt in Oberfanken
Favorite thing: Heiligenstadt in Oberfranken is a community with market rights in the Upper Franconian district not far from Bamberg.
Heiligenstadt is located in the Naturpark Fränkische Schweiz-Veldensteiner Forst (nature park) and considered as one of the most interesting places in the Leinleiter Valley.
The community’s villages arose about a thousand years ago. Heiligenstadt itself already existed before the Bishopric of Bamberg was founded in 1007.
In the Leinleiter Valley were lordly seats of the Knights of Streitberg. In 1525, the peasants revolted and inflicted heavy damage upon the castles. In 1541, the Emperor granted Heiligenstadt market privilege.
You can watch my 3 min 35 sec HD Video Bavaria Oberfranken Heiligenstadt out of my Youtube channel.
You can watch my high resolution photo of Heiligenstadt on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 49° 51' 51.84" N 11° 10' 9.39" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Heiligenstadt in Oberfanken 1.
Heiligenstadt area in Oberfranken
Favorite thing: Upper Franconia (Oberfranken) forms part of the historically significant region of Franconia.
The Franconian Switzerland is located along the so-called castle road (Burgenstraße), which connects more than 70 castles, palaces and fortresses.
Heiligenstadt lies in the Bamberg district’s southeastern corner. Heiligenstadt is a small centre with 24 constituent communities (Gemeindeteile). They lie along the Leinleiter Valley and on the abutting Jura Plateau.
Zoggendorf lies in the Leinleiter Valley. Towering over it is the 585-m high Altenberg. Burggrub lies on the ridge of the Altenberg and below the 525-m high Eichenberg in the Leinleiter Valley, 378 m above sea level.
Oberleinleiter lies 386 m above sea level. The village’s landmark is the 520-m high Kreuzsteinfelsen, from which there is a panorama over the countryside as far as the villages of the Bamberger Jura.
Tiefenpölz has a noteworthy St. Martin’s Parish Church that rises over the village.
Herzogenreuth lies 566 m above sea level, making it the Bamberg district’s highest village. Other villages around Heiligenstadt: Tiefenellern, Lohndorf, Litzendorf and Traindorf.
You can watch my 3 min 43 sec HD Video Bavaria Oberfranken Heiligenstadt area out of my Youtube channel.
You can watch my high resolution photo of Heiligenstadt on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 49° 51' 50.77" N 11° 10' 11.33" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Heiligenstadter Bridge.
More Reviews (7)
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Heiligenstadt Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Heiligenstadt
- Hotels in Heiligenstadt
- Transportation in Heiligenstadt
- Restaurants in Heiligenstadt
- See All...
Explore the World
- Minneapolis Hotels
- Bangladesh Hotels
- Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hotels
- Jamaica Hotels
- Digha Hotels
- Moab Hotels
- Minorca Island
- Wisconsin Dells Hotels
- Vero Beach
- Playa de Ponce Hotels
Badges & Stats in Heiligenstadt
- 9 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Heiligenstadt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heiligenstadt
Photos in HeiligenstadtSee All Photos (85)
Videos in HeiligenstadtSee All Videos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues