"Istanbul Ili" Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Ili by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Istanbul Ili Travel Guide: 8,513 reviews and 22,548 photos

Istanbul Province is a province containing the city of Istanbul which covers much of its population. It is surrounded by the Black Sea to the north and the Sea of Marmara to the south.

The Bosphorus Strait divides the province in two parts: the European side and the Asian side.

You can watch my 2 min 37 sec HQ Video Istanbul Arrival by air out of my Youtube channel with Istanbul (Not Constantinople) by Skacubano.

Turkey is divided into 81 provinces, called il in Turkish.
I’ve been to 10 Turkish provinces:
Aydin Ili
Balikesir Ili
Canakkale Ili

and passed through by transit 8 provinces:
Kocaeli, Sakarya, Bolu, Kirikkale, Kirsehir, Aksaray, Afyon, Tekirdag.
In total I saw 18 provinces out of 81!

• Last visit to Istanbul Ili: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Jun 5, 2009

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM

An extensive panorama of what to visit!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2011 at 8:04 AM

I enjoyed your pages very much . Love how you have your homepage presented as well.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Ah, marvellous aerial photos and photos from high up :-)) And yes, it was a great tour, your tour operator has put together and where we could follow in your footsteps :-))

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Nice to see the area around Istabul and not just the city itself

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Istanbul would be a good stop for me in Turkey = All seems fascinating around here!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2009 at 9:48 PM

So much to do in Turkey - but will definitely start with Istanbul when I visit --- very informative tips - now I know there are 81 ils...

• May 29, 2009 at 8:22 AM

Great pictures !!! in your Travelogues!n Hope to visit one day its also near to me !

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM

It seems I have a lot to read on your pages... Sadly, I don't think I'll have the time to read them all, so I've started from this small page. Well done!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2009 at 5:36 AM

Thanks for visiting my Turkey page. I see I still have a lot to see in this big country, very informative and nice photos.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Reading about the different districts in Istanbul brings back great memories! I had to count the Turkish provinces I have visited too, and it is at least 27 (but several years ago now).

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Istanbul Ili

Have you been to Istanbul Ili?

Latest Activity in Istanbul Ili