"Nikita Garden in January" Nikita by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Nikita Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 54 photos
Nikitsky Garden is the place which one would like to visit more than once. I happened to make it twice. First - in far 1967, second - in 2007. It is like a museum, where the great masters' works have been preserved. Here, nature has played the part of such a master.
A man made this beauty accessible for everyone, gave it the worthy framework, planted a tree, from which the spring honey fragrance suddenly wafts in your face, built bridges over brooks and ponds, and fascinating observation grounds.
Next door to the Magarach Wine Institute, the gardens were laid out in beautiful terraces down to the sea in 1812 by a Russian botanist with the unlikely name of H.Steven. Here you can admire some 7,000 trees and plants, with a rose garden that has over 1,600 varieties, and over curiosities such as a 1,000 year old pistachio tree.
Being the treasury of development for most of the Southern Crimean parks, the gardens will impress any visitors with its magic atmosphere.
Even if you are no gardener or botanist, the Nikitsky Botanical Gardens, tumbling down three sq. km of hillside to the sea 5 km east of Yalta, are well worth a visit for their beauty and excellent views.
I often ask this question having appeared in clean and well-groomed Europe. I ask this question having appeared in any... more travel advice
The mountain Aju-Dag (in translation from Turkish it means the Bear-mountain) is one more symbol of the Crimea. This... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Nikita Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Nikita
- 10 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (142)
Have you been to Nikita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nikita
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Uploaded a Video to Nikita
- Commented on one of olgaehr's Nikita travel pages
- updated a Nikita Travel Page "Nikita Garden in January"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nikita Garden in January"
- Wrote a Review Why Russians are not Germans? in Nikita Local Customs
Photos in NikitaSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues