"Yalta - Massandra" Massandra by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Massandra Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 74 photos

I've been to Yalta four times before this January: in 1967, 1972, 1973 and 1980. This city has become native and close to me since my youth. It's difficult to believe that Yalta is abroad Russia now...

We decided with my colleagues to spend our New Year-Christmas long holiday in Yalta in January of 2007. And I think we haven't mistaken! After 27 year of absence I saw a lot of new and attractive there, besides that I was happy to remind the places which I knew from early youth.

Our hotel was situated in Massandra. It's one of the most beautiful hotels in the Crimea since Soviet times. If you make a decision to come to Yalta - choose this hotel.

Only 20 minutes walk from the centre of Yalta and very developed tourist infrastructure makes this hotel very convenient for staying.

Welcome to the Crimea, welcome to Yalta, welcome to Massandra!

That was my trip in January of 2007

• Last visit to Massandra: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2011

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 12:44 PM

A very pleasant place to relax and enjoy the water. Great job of comments and pictures. How did the pics pass approval? I invite you to take a look at my last trip to 11 parks in Utah & Arizona in US. It was an adventure and scary in remote areas.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 4:52 AM

It's a wonderful place indeed... so much to do there and to enjoy!

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 1:02 AM

interesting place to visit. it looks like i will be there this summer :-) Intourist seems great place, I took a note to stay there :-)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 6:16 AM

Alexander's Palace is indeed very beautiful, inside and out. And what a lovely time of year to go there with all the Christmas shows and celebrations.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Such a surprise to see how much things have changed in Massandra - nice to know the Palaces are open to everyone now

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 9:07 PM

It must be amazing to find that some things have not changed in 40 years while other have so much! At first sight, I was amazed to find that Alexander 3rd palace looked so French but found that you explained why, not pure chance! Great page!

• Irinna's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 12:12 PM

The Palace is my favorite in this part of Crimea. But I've never been inside. Thanks for sharing!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Massandra

Have you been to Massandra?

Latest Activity in Massandra