"Sevastopol'-the city of Russian glory" Top 5 Page for this destination Sevastopol' by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Sevastopol' Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 403 photos
Sevastopol is located on a southwest extremity of a Crimean peninsula, where the hilly coast is cut up by tens bays.
The whole city is one big museum, with over 1,800 monuments and memorials. Among them are Russian, Ukrainian, Armenian, British, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Italian, Jewish, and other historic sites such as the world-famous Chersonesus, "Panorama of the Heroic Defense of Sevastopol during the 1854 - 1855 Crimean War", diorama "Storm of Sapun Mountain on May 7, 1944", "British Crimean Military Memorial," etc.
Few people know that the territory of the city almost equals the territory of New York or Moscow. That's why the future of Sevastopol would be under question in relationship of Russia and Ukrain...
In remote times on the southern tip of the peninsula washed by the warm waters of the Black Sea there were Greek colonies that left on this land magnificent specimens of sublime Hellenic culture.
Numerous monuments of that period which have survived to this day have been gathered at the Chersonesus History and Archaeology Preserve, a museum of specific type, one of the few in the country.
I have been to Sevastopol only twice. First in 1967, second - 40 years later in 2007. It's difficult to imagine a trip to the Crimea withoit visiting Sevastopol'. It's really worth even one day excursion. Better - more!
Sevastopol’ has long since been known all over the world as the city of the Russian naval glory as a firm stronghold in... more travel advice
There are several thetraes in Sevastopol'. One of the most famous is the Russian dramatic theatre of... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Sevastopol' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A formerly closed city trying to get it's sea legs"
- "Sevastopol'-the city of Russian glory"
- "Sevastopol! Take a step back in time!"
- "Sevastopol - city of monuments"
- "Sevastopol-navy city"
- " SO SPECIAL... "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sevastopol'
- Hotels in Sevastopol'
- Transportation in Sevastopol'
- Nightlife in Sevastopol'
- Restaurants in Sevastopol'
- Shopping in Sevastopol'
- Warnings and Dangers in Sevastopol'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sevastopol'
- 22 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Sevastopol'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sevastopol'
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Uploaded a Video to Sevastopol'
- Commented on one of bugulma's Sevastopol' travel pages
- updated a Sevastopol' Travel Page "Sevastopol'-the city of Russian glory"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sevastopol'-the city of Russian glory"
- Wrote a Review Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol' Favorites
Photos in Sevastopol'See All Photos (109)
Videos in Sevastopol'See All Videos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues