"Yalta Centre" Top 5 Page for this destination Yalta by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Yalta Travel Guide: 235 reviews and 670 photos

I had been to Yalta four times before January 2007: in 1967, 1972, 1973 and 1980. This city has become native and close to me since my youth. It's difficult to believe that Yalta is abroad for me now...

A friend of mine who accompanied me in three trips there said that he would never return to Crimea though he loved that part of our former country not less then I! But?

Nevertheless my colleagues and I decided to spend our long New Year-Christmas vacation in Yalta in January 2007. And I think we were not mistaken! After 27 years of absence in Yalta I saw a lot of new and attractive things there. Also, I was happy to be reminded of the places I had known from my youth.

Having been to French, Italian and Spanish resorts I could compare Yalta with them. I must say Yalta doesn't look any worse! I would advise everybody from Russia to come back to Yalta. I advise everybody to visit Yalta for the first time. You will not regret!

I've divided this page into two parts. This is the first part about the centre of Yalta. There will be one more page about Yalta's suburbs - Massandra, Livadia and Nikita.

That was my trip in January of 2007

• Last visit to Yalta: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 11, 2008

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Superb page on Yalta! The numerous churches and cathedrals look lovely in this great resort city. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral certainly looks amazing! We have seen a cathedral with the same name in Tallinn which is equally impressive! ~ho & pang

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Your pages are always so powerful with history, architecture, personal insights, and fantastic photographs. What a comprehensive presentation of Yalta. Great Travelogues to accompany your already excellent pages.

• timada's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2008 at 9:17 AM

So much history and culture in Yalta ! You made a wonderful page !

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Hello, Sergey, great pages! Congratulations on your VT success: #14 is great! Hard work and generous sharing of your travels!

• Feb 16, 2008 at 5:33 AM

Also like all the other web sites i find and nice tips here! Keep travelling! Nikos

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2008 at 11:53 AM

To me Yalta was the resort where Churchill, Stalin and Roosevelt met in Feb. 1945, to share the world. . . . Now it is much more, more history, and a nice city where walks along the sea with mountain vistas are very enjoyable. Thank you for Yalta, Sergey.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Sergey, your Yalta Page is the next best thing to being there. Thanks!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2007 at 5:12 AM

A captivating & wonderful page on Yalta. Excellent hotel tips & pictures, esp. the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the old house with the detailed woodwork in old Yalta.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2007 at 9:22 PM

An impressive page! The very name of Yalta has, of course a special meaning, much more than a regular seaside resort but I understand that this is not" only" a historical landmark! Haha, McDonalds' in Yalta, how funny to me!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2007 at 3:29 AM

Great info and pics! Had no idea that there were once so many Germans on the Crimea.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Yalta