"Kostroma - old Russian city" Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Kostroma Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 517 photos

Kostroma is a wonderful historic city in central Russia not far from Moscow. It is a part of the Golden ring of the Russian historic towns. It was the third largest city in Russia after Moscow and Yaroslavl in the XVII century.

You can watch my HD Videos out of my Youtube channel:
7 min 45 sec Kostroma Ipatiev Monastery with Russian Choral music,
2 min 40 sec Kostroma Ipatiev Monastery Trinity Cathedral with Russian Choral music,
3 min 03 sec Kostroma Ipatiev Monastery Choir Repenting Pray about Russia ,
4 min 57 sec Kostroma Ipatiev Monastery Choir Otgovorila Roscha Zolotaya ,
2 min 25 sec Kostroma Bogoyavlensky (Epiphany) Monastery with Russian Choral music,
8 min 04 sec Kostroma Around by car with Kupala - Kostroma,
6 min 13 sec Kostroma part 1 with Ljube-Kostroma,
3 min 54 sec Kostroma part 2 with Kupala - Kostroma,
2 min 53 sec Kostroma part 3 with Ljube-Kostroma,

• Last visit to Kostroma: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2010

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2014 at 12:35 AM

Hey! I have been to Kostroma in 1989! Your pics remind me how beautiful this city is!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
      Jan 22, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Thank you, Ulrike! Glad to know you have also been to Kostroma! It's really one of the most beautiful cities in Russia with great history, nature and architecture.

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2012 at 5:26 AM

What a fascinating place. I so wish that we could also travel with our doggie everywhere, but unfortunately RSA is not yet that doggie friendly

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2010 at 11:24 PM

actually, me ignorant, I did not know anything about Kostroma, thanks for sharing.

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Very nice page about historical, important city of Russia. It could be one of must see places in Russia, of course including Petersburg, Moscow:) Greetings, Raimis;)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2010 at 10:23 AM

The Ipatiev Monestary is a wonderful site to behold. It looks like from the videos and comments you had a great trip and the dogs like to get out to see the world. Great presentation

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Great page Sergey! Unfortunately, I didn't see so much when I was there with that Russian tour group. Like the 4-legged locals :)))

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2010 at 5:58 AM

A very comprehensive page about a charming city - nice memories of my 2008 visit. leyle

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Great new page here. The "Bier Stadt" seems to serve very German dishes. Did Hotel Azimuth make up the prices for dogs? I even thought about visiting Kostroma during my stay in Moscow last October, but realised that it is to far for just a daytrip.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Oh wow, what a marvellous start of my morning!! Thank you for another fantastic Golden Ring page with your splendid videos :-)) Trinity is my favourite and I can read Bir Stadt :-)) Must watch the videos tomorrow, now servers are too busy :-(

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Sergey, Russia has such an amazing history and a legacy of very interesting cities such as Kostroma! I enjoyed seeing these magnificent buildings and its surrounding area. Thank you for all the great background information!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Kostroma

Have you been to Kostroma?

Latest Activity in Kostroma