"Moscow - Münster" Top 5 Page for this destination Münster by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Münster Travel Guide: 308 reviews and 971 photos
We came to Munster on our way to Oberhausen where we took part in SV BSZS – 2006. We had only half of a day at our disposal and our excursion was rather short. Nevertheless we could find out that Munster is a very interesting and picturesque city. Most of all I was interested in historical aspects concerning this city. I knew that the first communist society was built in this city in the XVI century. That is why we couldn’t escape an opportunity to come there while passing by and having half of a day free!
Muenster is known by its mysterious social experiment of the XVI century - Muenster commune. In 1534 the city was grasped by a sect of Anabaptist and renamed into New Jerusalem. Anabaptists liquidated a private property and proclaimed full public property in the city. They were adherents of the Old testament and rejected old religion. All this was not pleasant to the Cologne archbishop.
For suppression of a distemper he directed the big army which after 16-month's siege took the city in their hands. Anabaptists were judged, and three heads of movement executed on the main square of the city. Their bodies were placed in metal cages and for intimidation were hung out on the high tower of Lambertikirche. Originals of cages hang on the tower till now.
As a matter of fact the commune was first in history communistic society.
You can watch my
4 min 07 sec Video Thomsdorf-Munster by Lada-2111 part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
4 min 02 sec Video Münster out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
1 min 11 sec Video Along Münster by car out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
My completed and coming next pages about Land Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany:
1) Cologne (Intro, 4 reviews, 45 pictures, 4 videos),
2) Düsseldorf (Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 8 videos),
3) Aachen (Intro, 1 review, 1 photo),
4) Münster (Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos, 3 videos),
5) Duisburg (Intro, 1 review, 7 pictures),
6) Wuppertal (Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 videos),
7) Oberhausen (Intro, 21 reviews, 127 photos, 5 videos),
8) Gahlen (Intro, 12 reviews, 90 photos, 6 videos),
9) Bad Driburg,
13) Land Nordrhein-Westfalen.
Munster is located near to one of the main German autobahn #1 which conducts from Oldenburg to Saarbrucken. This... more travel advice
The central foot street of Muenster - Prinzipalmarkt. The street is similar to many medieval streets of north-European... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Münster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cycling and opera in Münster"
- "Moscow - Münster"
- "Pinkus Münster"
- "Münster & the Münsterland"
- "Muenster (Meine zweite Heimat!)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Münster
- Hotels in Münster
- Transportation in Münster
- Nightlife in Münster
- Restaurants in Münster
- Shopping in Münster
- Warnings and Dangers in Münster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Münster
- 16 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (216)
Have you been to Münster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Münster
Photos in MünsterSee All Photos (51)
Videos in MünsterSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues