Ryazan' Off The Beaten Path Tips by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Ryazan' Off The Beaten Path: 8 reviews and 13 photos
This is the Skorbiashinsky (Grief) Memorial in memory of victims of the World War II .
Well-known people are buried here: honorable city dwellers, participants of the Second World War, Heroes of the Soviet Union and also those who has brought the significant contribution to development of region, sciences and arts.
I've seen this modern Chapel in the park close to the Kremlin.
It was erected in 1995 in honor of the 900th anniversary of Ryazan. Architects I. Senchenko and V.Sitikh. Here I’ve learnt that Ryazan is 915 years old!
You can watch my high resolution photo of Ryazan on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 54° 38' 0.57" N 39° 44' 43.06" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Modern Chapel.
Church of Elijah
The old building of the Church of Elijah was kept till the end of the XVIIth century, and because of decay it was broken.
Instead of it the new stone church was built in 1699.
63 years Later the chapel in the name of Saint George was arranged in the Church.
In 1806 two more chapels were added. One- in honor of John the Apostle and another in the name of Deacon Stephan.
Approximately in the same time the bell-tower was also erected.
You can watch my high resolution photo of Ryazan on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 54° 38' 0.33" N 39° 44' 40.20" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Church of Elijah .
Theatre for Young Spectators
Ryazan has several theatres, among them – Drama Theatre. It was built in 1862 by Voronikhin and rebuilt in 1871 by Schetkin. Soborny Theater (formerly - Children’s Theater or for Young Spectators).
You will find it on the Sobornaya (Cathedral) Square just at the entrance into the Ryazan Kremlin.
You can watch my high resolution photo of Ryazan on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 54° 37' 59.61" N 39° 44' 31.01" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Theatre for Young Spectators.
The site of the Kremlin (26 hectares) is surrounded by two rivers, Trubezh and Lybed.
The most ancient settlement, revealed on the Kremlin hill, dates back to the first millennium BC.
You can watch my high resolution photo of Ryazan on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 54° 38' 16.38" N 39° 44' 57.70" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Trubezh River.
Solzhenitsyn Memorial place
The Cathedral Street (former street of Revolution) is the continuation of the Cathedral Square. There is a building of a school at the left (the house #7) in which the future Nobel winner A.Solghenitsyn was a teacher when he lived in Ryazan.
You can watch my high resolution photo of Ryazan on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 54° 37' 50.45" N 39° 44' 17.03" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Solzhenitsyn Memorial place.
More Reviews (34)
- How to get to Ryazan from Moscow
- See All Bavarian-Russian cousine
- In Bavarian Style
- Elegant horses
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Ryazan' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ryazan - 200 km from Moscow"
- "City that was missed from the Golden Ring route"
- "Ryazan' was my home town for 22 years"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ryazan'
- Hotels in Ryazan'
- Transportation in Ryazan'
- Restaurants in Ryazan'
- Shopping in Ryazan'
- Warnings and Dangers in Ryazan'
- See All...
Explore the World
- Biniaraix Hotels
- Isla Verde Hotels
- Tepoztlán Hotels
- Pinellas Park Hotels
- North Yorkshire
- Cerveny Klastor
- Galveston Off The Beaten Path
- Hangouts and Bars
- Statues / Murals / Memorials
- Iffley Road
- Nara City
- Worthing Off The Beaten Path
- nature & wildlife
- Aix-en-Provence Off The Beaten Path
- Saint Francisville Off The Beaten Path
- Provincia de Coclé Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Greater Toronto area
- South America Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Ryazan'
- 40 Reviews
- 241 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Ryazan'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ryazan'
Videos in Ryazan'See All Videos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (76)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Ryazan' hotel reviews
- Congress Hotel Forum
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 25, 2013