"Troitse-Sergieva Lavra" Top 5 Page for this destination Sergiyev Posad by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Sergiyev Posad Travel Guide: 154 reviews and 458 photos

The Trinity Lavra of St. Sergius (Troitse-Sergieva Lavra) is considered to be one of the most important Russian monasteries and the spiritual centre of the Russian Orthodox Church. That’s why it’s one of the most often visited monasteries around Moscow.

You may see my 42 high resolution photos on the Slide-show Sergyiev Posad out of my WebShot page.

You may watch 2 min 51 sec VIDEO-Clip Russia Sergiyev Posad Part I out of my YouTube Channel with Orthodox church music.

2 min 54 sec VIDEO-Clip Russia Sergyiev Posad Part II out of my YouTube Channel with Orthodox church music.

3 min 35 sec VIDEO-Clip Russia Sergyiev Posad Part III out of my YouTube Channel with Orthodox church music.

2 min 27 sec VIDEO-Clip Russia Sergyiev Posad Part IV out of my YouTube Channel with Orthodox church music.

4 min 36 sec VIDEO-Clip Sergiyev Posad Lavra Slide-show Part I out of my YouTube Channel with Orthodox church music.

1 min 42 sec VIDEO-Clip Sergyiev Posad Slide-show Part II out of my YouTube Channel with Orthodox church music.

• Last visit to Sergiyev Posad: Jun 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 11, 2008

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Oh Sergey, this is your best page in my opinion!! Your choice of music is exceptional and I am sitting here in tears because it is so deep, so good! And I like Moscow baroque more than "our" baroque.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Really looking forward to seeing Segiyev Posad for myself in October this year. Your photos are a great introduction. Working my way through the videos slowly - love the music. leyle

• Aug 27, 2008 at 6:13 AM

Excellent information and pictures als always!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Fantastic page again! I've been to Sergiyev Posad way back in 91 when it was still called Zagorsk.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM

What a spiritual page, Sergey. Such brilliant photographs to match your detailed narratives. Thanks for such dedication and such outstanding work.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Sergey, brilliant photos and helpful transportation tips. Sergiyev Posad seems to be well worth a daytrip by electrichka from Moscow.

• Irinna's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Great page! Lavra is only about an hour from our dacha, but we're going there second or third year... Special thanks for 'off the beaten path' tips! Irina

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2008 at 4:59 AM

You've certainly been busy this week. You've created another wonderful page Sergey. I was especially impressed with the Assumption Cathedral, the beautiful little wooden church and the massive Pyatnitskaya Tower.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2008 at 2:38 PM

wow,that is a great place to visit for my next time in Moscow ! It is great to so many interesting churches in one place !

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Another comprehensive and informative new page! For me it was interesting to see where Tsar Boris Godunov and his children Feodor and Xenia are buried, because I know them as characters in Mussorgsky's opera.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Sergiyev Posad

Have you been to Sergiyev Posad?

Latest Activity in Sergiyev Posad