"One of the most beautiful place on the Earth!" Top 5 Page for this destination Schloss Neuschwanstein by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Schloss Neuschwanstein Travel Guide: 232 reviews and 748 photos

We dreamed to visit Bavaria and to have only a look on the Neuschwanstein castle for a long time. However we managed to make it only in 2004. The village of Hohenscwangau and the castle made a very strong impression. We were happy within two days while lived there. However it is difficult to receive full imagination about the castle during one visit. Therefore in 2005 we repeated the trip.

Usually a repeated visit does not cause such strong sensations as the first visit. There is a saying, which warns against trying to enter into one water twice... They say that it is not necessary to come back where once was happy. However this time the saying was mistaken. We visited Hohenschwangau and the castle again and were happy once more...

Fantastic Castle Neuschwanstein is located not far from Zugspitze . It can be named fantastic for two reasons. First, it served as "sample" for the fantastic castle in the Disneyland. Secondly, it was constructed by the "fantastic" king. This place which visits hardly less people, than legendary Eiffel Tower. I heard that Neuschwanstein takes the second place after it on attendance.

King of Bavaria Ludwig II, unsociable and romantic, ordered to construct for him Neuschwanstein Castle on a lonely rock, near to small village Schwangau (1868 - 1886). It was erected in style of a knightly fortress and magnificently arranged.

Neuschwanstein Castle was under construction not for a real life. It was erected, so to say, in glory to art. We feel this illusion, as if it was initially fated to become a museum. Ludwig died just in a year of the ending of construction. All dreams of the young king were embodied in this palace so ingeniously that nothing to add something...

If you are interested in beautiful Bavarian castles and mysterious Bavarian king Ludwig II I recommend to visit my following pages:

1) Schloss Herrenchiemsee;

• Last visit to Schloss Neuschwanstein: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 13, 2007

• windoweb's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2012 at 4:48 AM

You have captured a lovely photo of the Castle Neuschwanstein. I hope to have such luck when we go there next month.
    Catherine

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Thanks for your advice, Sergey! Amazing place, nice page...

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2008 at 3:43 AM

This brings back fine memories! Been there when I was achild. Want to go there soon with my 7 year young daughter, who loves princesses and Disney castles. Thanx for sharing!

• revontulet's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Another great page from you Sergey, congrats!! I was fascinated when I saw the castle first:)) As I know, it's Germany's number 1 tourist attractions and absolutely must be seen...

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2008 at 10:29 PM

A very thorough page on this amazing place! I visited it once, out of season, but did not take a single photo (pre-VT time !)

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 9:00 AM

Hi Sergey! I very much want to go see this castle, only been to the Disney version of it here.... Very nice photos! Did you have any problems getting tickets to get in there? I hear it is crowded.

• Mar 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM

The most beautiful place in Germany

• tuff's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 8:30 AM

I finally made it to this magnificent castle last month. We also hiked up to the top and view the castle from above, it surly is one of the most beautiful place on earth!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 4:44 PM

I agree with you that this fairytale Castle is one of if not the most beautiful in the world. I remember the wonderful wooden carvings inside.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2007 at 12:59 AM

I've never been to Schloss Neuschwanstein but from reading your page I think it should definitely be one of the new 7 wonders. Great descriptions and photos.

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Schloss Neuschwanstein

Have you been to Schloss Neuschwanstein?

Latest Activity in Schloss Neuschwanstein