"Oberhausen - the capital of SV BSZS-2006" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberhausen by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Oberhausen Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 179 photos

At last we have reached the final purpose of our travel in 2006 - the German city of Oberhausen!

Every year since 1999 we participate in the world championship among German shepherds. We visited Karlsruhe (three times), Ulm (twice), Bremen and Düsseldorf. The turn of Oberhausen has come this time.

Oberhausen is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is located in the Ruhr area, 35 km to the north of Düsseldorf.

Gasometer of Oberhausen is its "Industrial Cathedral". Gasometer is Europe's highest plate gas container. The Gasometer of Oberhausen is an outstanding landmark of the Western Ruhr Area and in particular of the town of Oberhausen. Other than that it is an impressive example for building history and a spectacular location for events. Since 1994 annually changing exhibitions of impressive magnitude have turned the Gasometer into a successful cultural location within North Rhine-Westphalia.

The world championship among German shepherds SV-Championship-Breed-Show (SV Bundessiegerzuchtschau) took place on September, 1-3rd in the main stadium of the city.
It took 4 days.
First day: – Allocation of starting numbers. Our dog – Aurum Aglis Vinika got her number.
There were 346 males and 319 females in working class.
There were 209 males and 304 females in young classes.
There were 341 males and 468 females in junior classes.
Total number of German shepherds from all over the world reached 2157 dogs!

Our dog Aurum Aglis Vinika got the 122-nd "excellent" in the working class among 341 dogs who were declared in this competition.
It's a great success for the only Russian dog in the female working class! We are happy!

There are a lot of sightseengs in Oberhausen. We hadn't an opportunity to see all of them because four days we stayed in the stadium. But I managed to see some of them: Gasometer, CentrO, Zoo and Schloss.

The Schloss Oberhausen has classical architectural features. This Schloss gave its name to the station, built in 1846 in the vicinity and to the town itself.

• Last visit to Oberhausen: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 31, 2006

• Dec 1, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Great job als always

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2008 at 5:20 AM

Excellent view of Oberhausen from the Gasometer. Thanks for sharing the pics and stories of the dog show you attended.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2008 at 5:55 AM

I really like the view from the Gasometer. It's nice you were able to visit this city. If not for the dog show, I doubt you'd ever plan on visiting Oberhausen.

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2007 at 1:04 PM

Congratulations to your dogs! Just been to Oberhausen once and don't really remember an awful lot...

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Very interesting page. I like your stories about the German Shepherds championships.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 1:23 PM

Interesting to see the old black & white pictures = I bet the people are glad to be rid of the pollution BTW Did the hotel know your dogs were on the beds? Nice read again Sergey

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2007 at 7:15 AM

Very interesting and unique page I enjoyed a lot. The most doggy (or better to say German sheppard's) travelogues on VT :-) Congratulations for Aurum Aglis Vinika! Where is the 2007 championship?

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2007 at 1:54 AM

Privet, Sergey! A most interesting page - who would have thought of making a gasometer into an "industrial cathedral"! Marvellous dogs too - congratulations on your results.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 12:35 PM

The gasometer as an exhibition hall -- very informative tips on the history and technical details of this unusual building. Somehow I have never been to Oberhausen, but I have been to Duisburg and Essen, which are just a short distance away.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2007 at 11:01 PM

Very interesting ! I was born in the other part of Germany with iron and coal works (Saarland), so I am always interested in this part of our industrial history :-) How sad that you had such bad weather - it must be beautiful without rain !

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Oberhausen

Have you been to Oberhausen?

Latest Activity in Oberhausen