"Oberhausen - the capital of SV BSZS-2006" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberhausen by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Oberhausen Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 179 photos
At last we have reached the final purpose of our travel in 2006 - the German city of Oberhausen!
Every year since 1999 we participate in the world championship among German shepherds. We visited Karlsruhe (three times), Ulm (twice), Bremen and Düsseldorf. The turn of Oberhausen has come this time.
Oberhausen is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is located in the Ruhr area, 35 km to the north of Düsseldorf.
Gasometer of Oberhausen is its "Industrial Cathedral". Gasometer is Europe's highest plate gas container. The Gasometer of Oberhausen is an outstanding landmark of the Western Ruhr Area and in particular of the town of Oberhausen. Other than that it is an impressive example for building history and a spectacular location for events. Since 1994 annually changing exhibitions of impressive magnitude have turned the Gasometer into a successful cultural location within North Rhine-Westphalia.
The world championship among German shepherds SV-Championship-Breed-Show (SV Bundessiegerzuchtschau) took place on September, 1-3rd in the main stadium of the city.
It took 4 days.
First day: – Allocation of starting numbers. Our dog – Aurum Aglis Vinika got her number.
There were 346 males and 319 females in working class.
There were 209 males and 304 females in young classes.
There were 341 males and 468 females in junior classes.
Total number of German shepherds from all over the world reached 2157 dogs!
Our dog Aurum Aglis Vinika got the 122-nd "excellent" in the working class among 341 dogs who were declared in this competition.
It's a great success for the only Russian dog in the female working class! We are happy!
There are a lot of sightseengs in Oberhausen. We hadn't an opportunity to see all of them because four days we stayed in the stadium. But I managed to see some of them: Gasometer, CentrO, Zoo and Schloss.
The Schloss Oberhausen has classical architectural features. This Schloss gave its name to the station, built in 1846 in the vicinity and to the town itself.
The stadium of Oberhausen is situated near to the Rhine-Herne Canal. As we live in Moscow near Moskva-Volga Canal I am... more travel advice
One of very important purposes of our Oberhausen visiting was the necessity to make genetic expertise to our dogs -... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Oberhausen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oberhausen - the capital of SV BSZS-2006"
- "Oberhausen - Gasometer and more"
- "Nice shopping paradise!: CentrO"
- "OBERHAUSEN CENTR O"
- "Oberhausen 2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oberhausen
- Hotels in Oberhausen
- Transportation in Oberhausen
- Restaurants in Oberhausen
- Shopping in Oberhausen
- Warnings and Dangers in Oberhausen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Oberhausen
- 21 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Oberhausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oberhausen
Photos in OberhausenSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues