"Oberhausen - the capital of SV BSZS-2006" Top 5 Page for this destination Oberhausen by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Oberhausen Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 174 photos
At last we have reached the final purpose of our travel in 2006 - the German city of Oberhausen!
Every year since 1999 we participate in the world championship among German shepherds. We visited Karlsruhe (three times), Ulm (twice), Bremen and Düsseldorf. The turn of Oberhausen has come this time.
Oberhausen is a city in North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It is located in the Ruhr area, 35 km to the north of Düsseldorf.
Gasometer of Oberhausen is its "Industrial Cathedral". Gasometer is Europe's highest plate gas container. The Gasometer of Oberhausen is an outstanding landmark of the Western Ruhr Area and in particular of the town of Oberhausen. Other than that it is an impressive example for building history and a spectacular location for events. Since 1994 annually changing exhibitions of impressive magnitude have turned the Gasometer into a successful cultural location within North Rhine-Westphalia.
The world championship among German shepherds SV-Championship-Breed-Show (SV Bundessiegerzuchtschau) took place on September, 1-3rd in the main stadium of the city.
It took 4 days.
First day: ? Allocation of starting numbers. Our dog ? Aurum Aglis Vinika got her number.
There were 346 males and 319 females in working class.
There were 209 males and 304 females in young classes.
There were 341 males and 468 females in junior classes.
Total number of German shepherds from all over the world reached 2157 dogs!
Our dog Aurum Aglis Vinika got the 122-nd "excellent" in the working class among 341 dogs who were declared in this competition.
It's a great success for the only Russian dog in the female working class! We are happy!
There are a lot of sightseengs in Oberhausen. We hadn't an opportunity to see all of them because four days we stayed in the stadium. But I managed to see some of them: Gasometer, CentrO, Zoo and Schloss.
The Schloss Oberhausen has classical architectural features. This Schloss gave its name to the station, built in 1846 in the vicinity and to the town itself.
You can watch my
2 min 50 sec Video Aurum Aglis Vinika and Pilar in Oberhausen at the stadium out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
3 min 29 sec Video Oberhausen Zoo out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
58 sec Video Oberhausen Schloss out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
8 min 42 sec Video Oberhausen Gazometer out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
5 min 13 sec Video From Oberhausen to Gahlen by car part 2 out of my Youtube channel or here on VT.
My completed and coming next pages about Land Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany:
1) Cologne (Intro, 4 reviews, 45 pictures, 4 videos),
2) Düsseldorf (Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 8 videos),
3) Aachen (Intro, 1 review, 1 photo),
4) Münster (Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos, 3 videos),
5) Duisburg (Intro, 1 review, 7 pictures),
6) Wuppertal (Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 videos),
7) Oberhausen (Intro, 21 reviews, 127 photos, 5 videos),
8) Gahlen (Intro, 12 reviews, 90 photos, 6 videos),
9) Bad Driburg,
13) Land Nordrhein-Westfalen.
The stadium of Oberhausen is situated near to the Rhine-Herne Canal. As we live in Moscow near Moskva-Volga Canal I am... more travel advice
It took us less then 30 minutes to get Oberhausen from Gahlen where we lived in the hotel. Unfortunately there were... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Oberhausen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oberhausen - the capital of SV BSZS-2006"
- "Oberhausen - Gasometer and more"
- "Nice shopping paradise!: CentrO"
- "OBERHAUSEN CENTR O"
- "Oberhausen 2002"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oberhausen
- Hotels in Oberhausen
- Transportation in Oberhausen
- Restaurants in Oberhausen
- Shopping in Oberhausen
- Warnings and Dangers in Oberhausen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oberhausen
- 20 Reviews
- 122 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (215)
Have you been to Oberhausen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oberhausen
- updated a Oberhausen Travel Page "Oberhausen - the capital of SV BSZS-2006"
- Uploaded a Video to Oberhausen
- Commented on one of Kuznetsov_Sergey's Oberhausen travel pages
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- Wrote a Review Rhine-Herne Canal in Oberhausen Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rhine-Herne Canal"
Photos in OberhausenSee All Photos (122)
Videos in OberhausenSee All Videos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 90 reviews, 401 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Intro, 47 reviews, 289 photos, 11 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 33 reviews, 300 photos, 26 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pskov Intro, 60 reviews, 249 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues