"Poznan" Top 5 Page for this destination Poznan by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Poznan Travel Guide: 344 reviews and 921 photos

Travelling by car around Europe about ten years we passed by Poznan more than 10 times. However each time we did not have enough time to call in and sight-see the city. Only in 2006 on our back way home from Germany we decided to get acquainted with this city.

Reality has surpassed all our expectations! The centre of the city has appeared so beautiful, that we understood, what fools we were that did not drop in to Poznan earlier.

The greatest impression was made by Stary Rynok and the Town Hall. The architectural ensemble of the square seemed us more beautiful, than squares of Warsaw and Wrozlaw. Picturesque facades of houses give the square a medieval view. The building of the Town Hall is above any praises. Unfortunately we have not enough time to examine a museum being inside.

The French church - a masterpiece of a baroque. I think there is no more beautiful interior in Poland. It is difficult to find similar interiors in Germany, Italy and France. It is possible to imagine how difficult it was to restore old city of Poznan which suffered very strongly in the last war.

• Last visit to Poznan: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 11, 2007

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Very good tips on one of my favorite cities in Poland, also beautiful pictures. Good - but fortunately historical now - Warnings and Dangers tip "Get them away!".

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2011 at 7:17 PM

The buildings are fantastic! Thanks for sharing places like these so I get to see such a fabulous virtual world. Excellent page!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Another city I'll be visiting in 5 months!

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2009 at 1:38 AM

Poland is one of my dream countries and I intend to see Krakow, Warsaw and Wroclaw. Now I see that Poznan should be added to the list. Greetings from Ankara, Pinar

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2009 at 9:55 AM

You're right: it's really an amazing place to visit!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I've just been looking at your photos again as we will visit Poznan at Easter :)

• Jan 28, 2008 at 4:46 PM

looks like a nice place

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2008 at 3:34 AM

Poznan has many architectural gems like the Poznan Town Hall. My favourite is the beautiful Parish Church. Also an impressive Central Square.

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2007 at 6:02 AM

Privet! Very good page about Poznan :) I have one good friend in this town, but never visited. I never knew that Poznan name came from "poznaja" :)

• sihi's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 1:33 PM

In July I will visit Poznan. Your page is very good guide about Poznan tips. Me4taju uvidet staryj gorod :)

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Poznan