"Arachova - close to Delphi" Top 5 Page for this destination Arachova by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Arachova Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 119 photos

Arachova is a mountain small town next to Delphi. Its quaint houses are built up on the north slopes of Mount Parnassos. The name Arachova derives from the South Slavic words ‘ara’ and ‘hova’, which mean ‘walnut trees’, in reference to the many ones found in the area.

You may watch my high resolution photos on my SLIDE-Show Greece Arachova and Thermopylae out of my WebShot page

You may watch 2 min 41 sec VIDEO-Clip Arachova VT-Tube out of my VT-Tube or Arachova YouTube out of my YouTube Channel with popular Greek music by Demis Roussos.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,

• Last visit to Arachova: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Another great place to visit in Greece... Thanx for sharing...

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2009 at 10:08 PM

What a lovely hillside village and landscape this is!! I laughed about your tourist trap :-) And the name origin is fascinating :-))

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 1:12 AM

really nice page sergey. i am going back to greece myself again next week and will visit that area too.

• Jun 2, 2008 at 5:27 AM

Great Arachova page

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2008 at 12:52 AM

When I visited Arahova, there was not so much traffic in the main street! I did not know that it was a ski resort.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

Wonderful page on Arachova and Greece as a whole. Will return to see more! Cheers from NYC.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Hey, a Russian connection! [grin] Love the bell tower photos. Of course, I always enjoy the references to mythology. Your tips are always so great to read.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 7:46 AM

Greetings from the Netherlands. Arachova looks absolutely wonderful to visit.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2008 at 1:42 AM

an interesting location, Sergey , and that greek food makes me hungry now for greek specialities !

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2008 at 11:14 AM

St. Nicholas Bell Tower looks great on that mountain top!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Arachova

Have you been to Arachova?

Latest Activity in Arachova