"Olympia Arhea and Modern" Top 5 Page for this destination Olympia by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Olympia Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 510 photos

The Olympic flame of the modern-day Olympic Games is lit by reflection of sunlight in a parabolic mirror at the restored Olympia stadium and then transported by a torch to the place where the games are held. When the modern Olympics came to Athens in 2004, the men's and women's shot put competition was held at the restored stadium.

You may watch my high resolution 50 photos on my SLIDE-Show Olympia Arhea and Modern out of my WebShot page.

You may also watch 4 min 25 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Olympia Museum out of my YouTube channel or only listen to the beautiful Greek music while learning my tips about the Olympia Museum or watch Greece Olympia Museum out of VT-Tube.

or 8 min 19 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Olympia Arhea out of my YouTube channel or only listen to the beautiful Greek music while learning my tips from Olympia Arhea or watch Greece Olympia Arhea out of VT-Tube.

or 1 min 11 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Olympia Morning walk out of my YouTube channel or only listen to beautiful Greek popular music or wath Greece Olympia Morning walk out of VT-Tube.

or 1 min 16 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Olympia Evening walk out of my YouTube channel with pleasant Greel popular music or watch Greece Olympia Evening walk out of VT-Tube.

You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
1) Vravrona,
18) Athens.

• Last visit to Olympia: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 12, 2008

• Nov 26, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Excellent website !!! Great job !!!

• Aitana's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2009 at 7:15 AM

A great page of Olympia! Fantastic tips. Thanks for sharing it.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Oh THANKS Sergey for bringing memories back!! I love your long video and remembered so much, also the broken pillars. Fantastic information here, about old and new Olympia. And I love your ghost :-))

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2008 at 1:12 AM

Another wonderful page, Sergey! Thanx! Lots of splendid pictures and videos!

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2008 at 6:57 PM

So much great information on this page. And I have watched several of the YouTube videos but this page deserves more time so I will return.

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 2:06 PM

A very thorough visit of Olympia! When I visited the museum was closed and I was not very excited by the site. Your page gives a completely different figure of Olympia! Superb page, thanks!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM

I totally enjoyed your writings of the "historical & mythological Olympia". Absolutely wonderful page Sergey. The Statue of Zeus is simply amazing isn't it!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Sergey, another gorgeous page of yours. So the Ghost of Olympia seems to be the famous Sergey who has drunken too much Anisovka. *winkygrin*

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Gald I've come across your detailed and prolific pages and videos ;-)))

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 10:15 PM

interesting to read how and where it all started, but I am sure, Heracles is revolving in his grave when seeing what happened to his idea nowadays !!

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Badges & Stats in Olympia

Have you been to Olympia?

Latest Activity in Olympia