"Sanctuary&Theatre in Epidaurus" Top 5 Page for this destination Epidaurus by Kuznetsov_Sergey
Epidaurus Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 199 photos
The Sanctuary of Asklepios at Epidaurus was the most celebrated healing centre of the ancient world.
The French Scientific Mission to the Peloponnese was the first to conduct excavations on the site. However, all the monuments of the Asklepieion have been brought to light in systematic excavations carried out by the Greek Archaeological Society (1879-1926) under the direction of P. Kavvadias. Additional investigations were conducted in 1942-43 on the Abaton and building E, by E. Martin and H. Metzger. The excavations were resumed from 1948 to 1951, and have been continued since 1974, mainly in the sanctuary of Apollo Maleatas. Since 1985, complementary archaeological research has been undertaken by the Committee for the Preservation of the Epidaurus Monuments.
You may watch my 14-pics high resolution SLIDE-Show Epidaurus out of my WebShot page.
You may watch or listen to the music out of my 4 min 03 sec VIDEO-Clip Epidaurus Sanctuary, Museum & Theatre out of my YouTube channel or Greece Epidaurus out of VT-Tube.
or my 3 min 44 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Corinth-Epidaurus out of my YouTube channe or Greece Corinth-Epidaurus out of VT-Tube.
or my 1 min 54 sec VIDEO-Clip Epidaurus Souvenir Shop out of my YouTube channel or Greece Epidaurus Souvenir Shop out of VT-Tube.
or 2 min 22 sec VIDEO-Clip Greece Pottery and Ceramics Shop Konstantin out of my YouTube channel or Greece Epidaurus Pottery and Ceramics shop out of VT-Tube.
You may also have a look at my other VT-pages out of my Greek trip in November, 2007:
3) Poros Island,
4) Hydra Island,
5) Aegina Island,
16) Meteora & Kalambaka,
The sculptures which were found during excavations had been transferred to the National Archaeological Museum of... more travel advice
The big village of Ligourio is situated at the distance of 5 kilometers from the Sanctuary of Asklepios. It is... more travel advice
Kuznetsov_Sergey's Related Pages
Epidaurus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sanctuary&Theatre in Epidaurus"
- "Theatre and Healing"
- "Epidaurus - the harmony of nature and architecture"
- "There are three Epidaure"
- "Birthplace of theater"
- "The best theatre in the world"
- "Sanctuary of Asklepios at Ancient Epidaurus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Epidaurus
- Hotels in Epidaurus
- Transportation in Epidaurus
- Restaurants in Epidaurus
- Shopping in Epidaurus
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Epidaurus
- 11 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Epidaurus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Epidaurus
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Ratings not working"
- updated a Epidaurus Travelogue "Selonda Bay"
- Uploaded a Photo to " Selonda Bay in Saronic Gulf"
- Uploaded a Video to Epidaurus
- Commented on one of JLBG's Epidaurus travel pages
- Wrote a Review Copies instead of originals? in Epidaurus Tourist Traps
Photos in EpidaurusSee All Photos (68)
Videos in EpidaurusSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 130 reviews, 621 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 103 reviews, 535 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Moscow Intro, 86 reviews, 301 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kostroma Intro, 60 reviews, 302 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nürnberg Intro, 41 reviews, 286 photos, 19 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Israel Intro, 62 reviews, 255 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Turkey Intro, 73 reviews, 233 photos, 8 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Meteora Intro, 46 reviews, 242 photos, 10 travelogues